You can type here any text you want

Intermittment "Miss"

Welcome!

By registering with us, you'll be able to discuss, share and private message with other members of our community.

SignUp Now!

IATurboBuick

TurboBuick.Com Supporter!
Hello folks. I am exhausted from my efforts. I guess I need some help.

Fresh engine, (1500 miles) has a miss. fresh caspers wire harness too. All scanmaster readings are fine, and the car runs great on the throttle.

Cold startup is wonderful. no issues, after the car warms and transitions to closed loop the car wants to run lean and have a slight "miss" Eric burnt a chip to keep the car in open loop at idle. Sometimes it works sometimes it doesn't.

Crusing it I can hear it "skip" sometimes, and I can actually feel it. AFR goes slightly lean and then I feel it. Come up to a stop sign and it wants to hover closer to 16-17, which I know is lean, and it idles like a cammed small block chevy.

I have swapped these parts. 02 sensor(s), MAF, Throttle body, coils, plug wires, adjusted cam sensor, smoked the entire engine, including back pressuring the exhaust, ECM, chips, injector harness, coolant sensors, battery, and new cables positive and negative, fuel filter.

At this point I need to determine if its fuel related. Plan to blow out the fuel lines, regulator, drop the tank, check the pump for trash, and most likely send the injectors to Turbotweak as well. I am planning an ECUGN install very soon, but I feel i need this wrapped up before I do so. it doesn't feel chip related, but I could be wrong.

let me know if there is something I am missing or need to look at.

The ignition module is under the coil pack. Did you swap out both?

Back