You can type here any text you want

Is 220 temp normal?

Welcome!

By registering with us, you'll be able to discuss, share and private message with other members of our community.

SignUp Now!

HighDesert-T

Keep in mind that it was a mild 113 today here in the beautiful sunny California desert. The temp did fluctuate between 210 and 225. Looking at the thermostat housing it has never been changed and there is hard pressure on the upper hose.

How hard is it to change the thermostat and are there any special tricks that should be used?

Still working the bugs out of this thing. Took 2 cans of carb cleaner and 3 cans of engine cleaner and I am still not done cleaning the motor.

Thanks for the assist. Oh by the way, my daughter says it is an old person's car cause it has a hood ornament! :D Let's hope others think the same thing.

Originally posted by HighDesert-T
Oh by the way, my daughter says it is an old person's car cause it has a hood ornament! :D Let's hope others think the same thing.
LOL...My son doesn't like my car either, he's embarrassed to be seen with me. hehehe...so during school I would go pick him up every chance I got.

Replace temp with a 160 deg (ours is doing great though)
First remove the top metal hose going over the alterator, when remove the atlerator. Now you have room to work. 2 bolts and it's off.
I would clean around it first so that you don't get crud in
HTH
Jim

Try this

My engine temps hit 220 last week. The outside air was 80° and the thermostat is a 165°. :confused:

I remembered a trick for checking the fan cluth. With the engine running and HOT, slowly try to stop it with a rolled-up newspaper. I was able to. The newspaper stopped the fan. Looked wierd not spinning while the pulley was. New clutch and temps back down to ~170°. :)

Back