Is anyone on here from Illinois?? What part?

born in Springfield. Last time I was there I was driving from Denver to Bowling Green. Stayed with family. They are all over Springfield.

Kincaid!
which TR do you drive? Kincaid is CLOSE...I'm pretty sure...
Isn't it by Bullpit? (yes, it's called "Bullpit")

We've all GOT to get together (Springfield area).

Yep, the GN was across from the bowling alley. I'm 85% sure this one was an '87....I could be wrong, or it could just be another one. Hehe. Too bad about the rusted out one...havn't seen it around yet, but when I do I'll be sure to smack the owner. ;) That grey one is pretty sharp looking, I havn't seen it up close though. $3500....man I wish I would have known about it! :) Anyways, no Monica Delich, but the last ones to graduate were Angie Delich and Bill Delich. (one in '81, and one a year or two after or before that...not too sure) I agree we all need to meet sometime. Don't plan anything too soon, I don't have a cool car to drive yet! lol Let me get the TT Mach done first. :D Nice talking to ya!

*continues singing...it's a small world af-ter allllllllllllll* ;)

Born and raised in inner-city Decatur (Packard, Union, Church, Division, Hickory, Grand, Leafland). Moved to FL about 8 years ago. It's so much more peaceful here. I do miss the area and the snow though. Springfield was a great place to hang out and party & cruise. Gotta love PennyLane! St. Louis is an awesome place to be too (becareful in East St. louis though!).

Haha Tonya, yeah PennyLane is cool. ;) I'm on W. Main St., about a mile west of Millikin University. One thing that's always amazed me about Decatur is that you can be driving around and thinking to yourself "Hey, this is a really nice neighborhood" and then like a block later you're locking the doors and trying to get on a busy street with good lighting. :D I've noticed that in other towns, but not nearly as much as I do here. ;)

zam, I have a 1969 Mustang Mach 1 that I'm restoring. After the majority of the body work is completed (except paint and that junk) I'm going to start building a twin turbo EFI 351w. I already have the '69 351w block all torn apart in the basement, just needs rebuilt and get all the EFI parts, turbo parts, and some other stuff. I'm aiming for 10's, and that shouldn't take too much boost to do. (the engine will almost be stock with the exception of forged TRW pistons, TFS-R 5.8 EFI intakes, and some other small stuff) I'm trying to get it totally done with by the end of this summer. Then I can save up for a TR. :D

Originally posted by zam70

We've all GOT to get together (Springfield area).
Scott, we had talked about that before and sounds like a good idea. Are you organizing that?:D I was in Champaign yesterday and stopped by Sam's house to pick up a part, checked out the paint on the GN, looks real nice :cool:

One other idea I had was to get an email list going for people in this area that would be going to Norwalk or BG this year. Maybe some of us could meet up and roadtrip to the events. BTW, Paris is the mid eastern part of IL, just west across the border from Terre Haute, IN. I know a group of TR people in Lafayette, IN of which several will be going to the National events. Tim

lyonsd - HA 83!!! Me too....We probably wooped your a** sometime...or was that the other way around? Didn't you guys have a pretty good football team? I really can't remember. What's your nick mean? I always read "lion seed" when I
see it.

Here was our season record my senior year:

Gillespie 20 - Beardstown 0
Gillespie 10 - Hillsboro 8
Gillespie 27 - Southwestern 14
Gillespie 0 - Carlinville 28
Gillespie 40 - Nokomis 9
Gillespie 47 - Virden 0
Gillespie 13 - Staunton 0
Gillespie 49 - North Greene 6
Gillespie 54 - Litchfield 0
Gillespie 7 - East St. Louis Assumption 21

"lyonsd" is my last name and first initial.

I'm trying to set something up with a local dragstrip for a "turbo Regal" day....kinda like a test and tune type situation. We'd have the track all to ourselves for the entire day. Still trying to get the expense side figured out (total cost of insurance and employees)

I think the e-mail list is a great Idea...

tim87tr: I know Paris...You've got a killer trans guy not far from you in Lawrenceville.

When is BG this year? I'd love to go...just depends on when it is.

I'm trying to set something up with a local dragstrip for a "turbo Regal" day....kinda like a test and tune type situation. We'd have the track all to ourselves for the entire day. Still trying to get the expense side figured out (total cost of insurance and employees)

I think the e-mail list is a great Idea...

tim87tr: I know Paris...You've got a killer trans guy not far from you in Lawrenceville.

When is BG this year? I'd love to go...just depends on when it is.
BG is on the weekend of May 17, Norwalk is on weekend of May 3. For BG, I would probably leave around noon on Thursday before.

Maybe I can develop an email list of people I know from this area on traveling to BG, get responses and keep everyone informed. I went to BG the last 2 years.

I know about the trans shop down there (Sam was at) but have not been there yet. My parents live near Lawrenceville. If I needed anything on my TRs I would contact them. I was going to call them sooner for a TH400 for my big block project, but it is going to be awhile until I get to that point.

The TR day dragstrip idea sounds good. Tim

Zam, how does anybody know abot Bulpitt? There are less than 200 people there... Bulpitt is like 2 blocks from my house. I am looking for a GN and have been for like a year but I can't find any in good shape in the area. I know a guy with a '85 GN and thats what made me like em.

Well, when I go to Taylorville via rt4 I go through both. Bulpit and Kincaid are pretty much one in the same now. Only seperated by railroad tracks I think.

How much you looking to spend on a T? I'll keep an eye out for ya.
Get an 86 or 87 and Personally I wouldn't get a GN. You'll pay a premium just for 2 tone interior, a few badges and some HEAVY chrome rims. They look nice though.

A couple of months ago we bought an 87 WE4 for $2,500 right out of Macon. It was disassembled but complete and in Primo shape. Used the front clip for a repair we're doing, motor is being rebuilt as a spare for my car and the rest went up north to save a low mile GN from the rust gremlins. So basically, they're out there.

Get ahold of me some time, You can check out my Rogued 87 WE4. (pics on page in sig)

I live in the big city of Ridgefarm. I used to live in Auburn and moved here in 2000. As Zam said that grey t-type used to be mine sold it to by the 87 i have now.

Bunker Hill i only know one person form that town is D-Day.

Later Sean