You can type here any text you want

Is it worth it?

Welcome!

By registering with us, you'll be able to discuss, share and private message with other members of our community.

SignUp Now!

QWICK6-MA

I may have a good chance of trading my near mustang for a 84 Hot air T type. I have a near flawless 1984 1/2 mustang GT350 5.0 convertible with 41,xxx original miles, lowered, under drive pulleys, strut tower brace, welded subframe connectors, 8.8 rear, 5 star chrome ponies, etc...
The 84 T has new paint, buckets with console, tilt, pd, pw, cruise, power moon roof, 3:73 gears, etc... I found the car here with a link to ebay. The car sold but hopefully the buyer backs out. I know what I paid for my mustang and was wondering if this would be worth the trade.
I want to thank you in advance and any info and support you can give me is appreciated.

Thanks again

I would think that your Mustang would be worth more than the T-Type. If I am not mistaken 1984 GT-350 was the 20th Annivarsary model? If this is so, and you have all of the original parts to put it back to stock, then definetly the Mustang is worth more.

An 1984 Hot-Air T-Type is probably, and arguably the most inexpensive of the Turbo Buicks. They have never retained much value in comparison to any 86-87 intercooled model.

I guess what really matters is if you feel you are getting the better deal. I have never seen a trade situation where someone was not getting the shorter end of the stick.

don't trade for a hot air car hang on to it and if you look around you can find someone willing to trade an 86 or 87 t around here i would be able to get at least 6000 for your car

Thank you for your responses. I definetly don't want to jump the gun on a trade. In my mind I paid a lot more than I should have fot the GT-350(yes more than 6K). I bought it because of the condition and such low miles. The car could be brought back to stock.(I don't have all the parts) but it just as nice as it sits with the minor mods.
The reason I was thinking on this trade is because I want to get back into a GN or T. Like I said in a past post, I have been the owner of 2 GN's, an 82.5 GN turbo believe it of not(stolen) and an 86 that I owned for 16 years and sold for moronic reasons. So if you guy know of anybody that wants a car for car trade for an 86-87 GN or T, please contact me.
Any and all help to get me back in one is appreciated greatly.
Happy Holidays and help me get a turbo under the tree.
Thank you.

Where are you located? Do you have any picts of the Mustang you can post? I might have a 86 T-Type for you. Here is a quick pic of her.

Attachments

• 86-T-Type.JPG
    86-T-Type.JPG
    83.9 KB · Views: 171
mustang pics

Hi Monch,

I am located on the south shore of MA, not too far away. Here are some pics. Could you also tell me a little more about the T and maybe email some more pics. Thanks again.

Attachments

• IMG_0435.jpg
    IMG_0435.jpg
    95.6 KB · Views: 164
  • IMG_0439.jpg
    IMG_0439.jpg
    108.3 KB · Views: 162
  • IMG_0136.jpg
    IMG_0136.jpg
    81.6 KB · Views: 154
How much do you want for the Mustang? I would not trade that car for anything less than a nice 86 or 87 Turbo Buick. Don't even think of trading for a Hot Air. That Mustang of yours is very nice (in the pics anyways). If I were you , I would hold onto that thing and just add a Turbo Buick to the stable. :D

Back