You can type here any text you want

Is it worth upgrading the injectors on a stock TTA ?

Welcome!

By registering with us, you'll be able to discuss, share and private message with other members of our community.

SignUp Now!

cottonpicker14

Hi
Want to keep the TTA stock with bolt on's. So far I have a RJC powerplate, 160 thermostat, hotwire and walpro pump and running a mix of 93 and 104 with my boost at 18 lbs
A few friends who have GN's say I should at least change the injectors to maybe 32 lb
Is it worth upgrading from the stock injectors and if so,
1. What, if any, performance would I see
2. What are the best injectors to get for my car and lb injectors.

Thanks

are you looking to upgrade turbo's at all?

If you are keeping the stock turbo then stock injectors will probably be fine at 18 psi.

If you are up grading turbo's are running higher boost you will probably need an injector upgrade to go with your fuel pump upgrade.

how many miles on your TTA?

Also, instead of mixing 93 with 104 octane, go with an alky kit.

Are you mixing 93 octane with 104 race gas, or are you adding that 104 crap from the auto store in? if its the auto store crap, don't even bother with it.

If you going to upgrade the injectors go with 50's or 60's that way if you want to go larger on the turbo, you'll be all set.

There is no right or wrong answer about injector upgrades....The dance on this issue must occur in your own mind....You don't have to please anybody else :)

Your speed goals and your routine use of the car will dictate 'necessary' bolt ons to meet your goals.

I bolted a lot of stuff to my last TTA and kept it at stock boost levels.. :confused: .. This time around, I'm keeping the stock injectors, stock pump, and adding Alchy. Should be able to run 20-22 pounds of boost with 91-93 octane pump gas. :D That is all the speed I can handle on the streets anyway.

If I changed injectors, I'd want more fuel available than a 32 pound injector would offer....IF you change injectors, go for the big ones so you only change the injectors once. The mototron injectors are supposed to idle smoothly and be linear throughout their operating range. Ken Mosher recommended them highly....That carries a lot of weight with me. The 50 pound MSDs worked fine on my last TTA.

There is a page on gnttype.org that talks about injector size as a function of vehicle weight and time desired in the quarter mile, look here.

lee

lburou said:
There is no right or wrong answer about injector upgrades....The dance on this issue must occur in your own mind....You don't have to please anybody else :)

Your speed goals and your routine use of the car will dictate 'necessary' bolt ons to meet your goals.

I bolted a lot of stuff to my last TTA and kept it at stock boost levels.. :confused: .. This time around, I'm keeping the stock injectors, stock pump, and adding Alchy. Should be able to run 20-22 pounds of boost with 91-93 octane pump gas. :D That is all the speed I can handle on the streets anyway.

If I changed injectors, I'd want more fuel available than a 32 pound injector would offer....IF you change injectors, go for the big ones so you only change the injectors once. The mototron injectors are supposed to idle smoothly and be linear throughout their operating range. Ken Mosher recommended them highly....That carries a lot of weight with me. The 50 pound MSDs worked fine on my last TTA.

There is a page on gnttype.org that talks about injector size as a function of vehicle weight and time desired in the quarter mile, look here.

lee

so i can run alchy up to around 20-22 on a stock car? i'm still working on some basic mods first (replacing seats, sfc, basically just gettting it cleaned up). i want to do alchy as my first (and probably only power mod). so i'd like to add alchy, scan tool, boost guage.... if i only want low 20's for boost... what else will i need (injectors, fuel pump, wastegate, etc). i don't mind doing more mods - just trying to get a plan for everything i'll need to get with alchy.

ps - this is not a race car. just want a little performance boost for the street, minor maint required, nothing too extreme...

Any modification can be your first mod....So long as you get your car running perfectly (confirmed with a scan tool) first.

You'll need an adjustable wastegate to up the boost.

You can look here for some ideas about the first things you should do, and then some more options....The survey is revealing about what really makes the smartest modifications at first. Search on the terms and discussions you don't understand. :)

Back