You can type here any text you want

Is there an introduction to Stage 2?

Welcome!

By registering with us, you'll be able to discuss, share and private message with other members of our community.

SignUp Now!

TURBO 6

Beer Snob
Staff member
Can someone help me? I am thinking of going Stage 2 and don't know where to start. What is oddfire, offcenter, ect. Why do I see different crank sizes? Are there two different size stage motors?
It looks like there are so many things involved in Stage 2 it's hard to get started. I know I could wait to buy one complete and not know anything about it, but I'm not like that. If I can't build it than I don't want it.
So how does one get started in the stage 2 world. Is there a "Stage 2 for Dummies"? I need a copy of that. Thanks

The easiest thing to do is do a search on subjects you are curious about.

There has been a lot of conversations about what you are asking, and you should be able to get all your questions answered.

As far as getting one done, I'd have to know its history, and see it run down the track before I'd pay top dollar for it. I have seen WAY too many of these deals go south real fast.

JMHO.

Ted

Ted, Thanks for the reply. I am looking to go as fast as your car. I see you have a stock block. I am threatening to do the same. I just wanted to learn more about stage motors in case I decide to go that way. As of right now I will stay with the stock block.

If you can find a copy of the Power Source book, there is lots of info about differences between production, Stage I and Stage II engines. Useful stuff even for production engines.

John

Back