You can type here any text you want

Is this a good combo to start with?

Welcome!

By registering with us, you'll be able to discuss, share and private message with other members of our community.

SignUp Now!

turbotaone

Just bought this car last fall and I have not ran it at
the track yet. The previous owner said his best time
was 11.90 with drag radials. Here is a list of mods.
that it has. TA49 ,009s ,206 cam ,ATR exh., 3"DP,
Bosch adj.reg. ,volt booster ,10 over pistons ,and
I,m waiting on my TB and plenum from Jay Jackson.
The car needs a little TLC, but is in good shape overall
with 72,000 miles on it. I would like to know if this is
a good combo to start with or should I change some
things on it? I plan on a Duttweiler neck , Walbro
340 with a hot wire ,and a Scanmaster 2 in the
future. WHAT DO YOU GUYS THINK?

Thanks James.

Sounds like a good combo, just make sure you get that scanmaster or another scan tool before you start racing!! Watch the knock retard and your o2 numbers and you should be good for 11's with traction, good luck!!!
~Murt

First is a scanmaster or a knock guage..the scanmaster will do the job. Next is dont throw any mods at the car until you have it running 100%..else you may end up with a 13 second car thats all modded..seen plenty of these.

The stock stuff will get ya a lot more than you think..my car is almost all stock..including the IC,TB,cam,heads,etc...And yes it will run 11.7-11.8 all day long..keep your money in your pocket,learn to tune and drive it..trust me..you'll be busy for months :)

like the "other" guy just said...tune what ya have an DRIVE it an enjoy it!!! your not here for a long time so enjoy it while your here!!! NO I AM NOT OLD :p

Originally posted by Razor
First is a scanmaster or a knock guage..the scanmaster will do the job. Next is dont throw any mods at the car until you have it running 100%..else you may end up with a 13 second car thats all modded..seen plenty of these.

The stock stuff will get ya a lot more than you think..my car is almost all stock..including the IC,TB,cam,heads,etc...And yes it will run 11.7-11.8 all day long..keep your money in your pocket,learn to tune and drive it..trust me..you'll be busy for months :)

Razor........we need to talk bro'! Or I need to drive out to Florida so you can show me some of your secrets! I'm shooting for the 11's also.

Me too! Let's all drive down there and have a party. Gotta be better weather than the 30's in NJ.

Once I get a 3000 stall converter and throw the walbro 340 in(fuel pump is going) and a set of tires I can get back to tuning.................................................

There is no secret.. just pay a little attention, put in a little effort..bada-bing :)

I ran tonite..miserable..12.11 at 118.3 with a 2.07 60 foot street tires.. :D :D should of seen the look on that guy with the Z06 I walked from past the 1/8 mile mark..priceless :D

Small turbo,injectors,alky kit on 93 pump. Ran like I drive it everywhere..well I aired the tires down a little .. No majic..

Originally posted by Razor
There is no secret.. just pay a little attention, put in a little effort..bada-bing :)

I ran tonite..miserable..12.11 at 118.3 with a 2.07 60 foot street tires.. :D :D should of seen the look on that guy with the Z06 I walked from past the 1/8 mile mark..priceless :D

Small turbo,injectors,alky kit on 93 pump. Ran like I drive it everywhere..well I aired the tires down a little .. No majic..

12.11.....on street tires........what a piece of crap!:D

Seriously, I have to congratulate you on your tuning ability. That is my goal. to get the most out of a mostly stock car. Then add mods if needed. If I can get into the high 11's with just a few mods, I will be happy!

Back