You can type here any text you want

Is this an 87 GN factory spare?

Welcome!

By registering with us, you'll be able to discuss, share and private message with other members of our community.

SignUp Now!

El Corvino

I am trying to make this vehicle back to show floor quality. Someone popped the trunk on their 87 regal and it had a P195/75R14 Steel Belted Radial. Does anyone know off hand (or have a sec to pop their trunk and look) what the actual factory spare tire is?

i'm too lazy to go out in the garage and check, but i think the mini spare in my 84 T Type is something like a 155/80/16 or some other such oddball size.. as far as i know, they all got the same spare tire..

Yea, I typed it into google... I got 15" rim size spares, 16" rim size spares, brand names like goodyear... I have no idea what they it's supposed to be

It's a Goodyear, Inflate to 40 psi., that's all I could read with the stupid carpeted trunk kit in the way. :rolleyes:

I'll check my other car when I get home, no trunk kit. :cool:

T155D80/16 from my WE4 I bought new.

Inflate to 60 psi. that is.... :oops:

It's a mini-spare not a full sized standard tire and rim.

Goodyear.

The space saver was standard; not sure if you could order a full size from the factory. Many people hated the small-tire back in those days and would swap it out for a "real" spare.

Original owner of my T had a dealer installed full size T spare when she took delivery.

Hmmm... Would that be on the RPO code or would that be TubroTNZO6 - If you opted for a dealer full size spare, could it have been any brand? Or would it still have been a good year?

Back