Hey Tony, You said "It is correct for the 86-87 cars. you can install this on the 84-85 cars however GM used a different profile weatherstrip seal on those cars." I have the Hot Air cars with a part number GM #20490800. Is this correct? Thanks and GLWS.vendors said many years ago that I'd never find an OE NOS replacement WITH THE LIP SEAL because, they never found them. if you do a part # lookup, a result thru supercessions is 25558394. THAT IS JUST WRONG. some vendors reference that part number for their aftermarket product. I have that *8394 part in hand thru this project, and it's too short. the ends come pre-glued and the weatherstrip had to be stretched to attempt to install it. it tore within 10 minutes of installation returning to its original, unstretched state. Not surprising as additional research yielded the *8394 part is for the following:
Buick Lesabre, Pontiac Bonneville, Oldsmobile Delta 88 royale, Cadillac Deville, Deville touring sedan, Funeral coach, Fleetwood d'elegance, Fleetwood sixty special, Fleetwood limousine, and Fleetwood brougham (FWD) for the U.S. from 1985 to 1991.
I am convinced that GM made a database error in the early 1990s listing the *8394 part for the 86-87 Regal trunk weatherstrip.
After searching on and off for many, many years (since 1992 actually), I found a supply of the correct OE weatherstrip with the lip seal last year. The craziness is that GM continued to manufacture this part until January 2014! The product I have in sealed GM boxes was packaged on the 354th day of 2013 per the label. It is correct for the 86-87 cars. you can install this on the 84-85 cars however GM used a different profile weatherstrip seal on those cars.
These weatherstrips and their boxes are perfect. They are in limited quantity and then probably gone forever. If you want $10 aftermarket stuff, this is not for you. If you have a concours restoration project or a great car with a torn trunk seal like GNX 060 showed on bring a trailer, I have what you need.
Pricing is $250 USD shipped with the lower 48 states. Paypal FF. Please private message me if you'd like to purchase.
View attachment 350505
View attachment 350506
This thread took an ugly turn.
Anthony P isn't asking for ANYONE to buy his parts. He merely put them out there.
An uncommon part, it seems.
I recently called out a few guys looking to sell a stupid cigarette lighter (with socket) for more than $200, a FUCKING CIGARETTE LIGHTER...... Caught a bunch of shit for it, too. WTF? I gave mine away to a guy that needed it.
I sent a complete set up to some guy because he NEEDED it for his OEM show car, replaced it with a "HELP" section unit, because my car isn't an OG survivor. Can't tell the diff in MY car.
Where were all you nay Sayers/ Offended bunch then then?
GIVE IT AWAY????? You say????? WHAT ARE YOU THINKING?
If you don't want his part, don't buy it.
It is THAT frickin' easy.
(2) @but they pretend to know everything about me, my character, and my integrity
(3) these same nitwits who think the penny saver classifieds will produce flea markets and estate sales teeming with discontinued GM parts. and (4) moreover, parts specific to the turbo Regals
(5) Oh yeah! a bunch of neo-primes.
(6) they're going to f*ck with me and attempt to discredit my integrity and attack my character because they are jealous
(7) jealous I know something the don't...
(8) jealous I figured out something they didn't...
(9) jealous I have something they want (but will not purchase AND NEVER HAD ANY INTENTION TO PURCHASE) otherwise they would not comment...
(10) jealous of my standing...
(11) jealous of my passion for these cars...
(14) ARE JUST MORE LEECHING CHEAP F*CKING JERKOFFS.
(15) HERE'S SOME MORE ROPE..
(16) BUT I EXPECT THEY ARE BETTER DIGGERS...
(17) CHIT-PIT DIGGERS...
(18) RIGHT @JAMCAR223? YOU'RE PRETTY GOOD DIGGING CHIT PITS ALL YOUR 51 YEARS OF LIFE RIGHT ALONG SIDE @robzombie @VIJim and CAPTAIN NEO. F*CKING PRICELESS
So Toni ( yes that's with an "I" ) let me toughen it up a little for you. You have personally attacked me (18) times because I "liked" someone else's post. I think this speaks volumes about your integrity and character. Or lack of... Ask anyone who knows me (and there are many on this forum who know me personally), and they will tell you about MY integrity, and character. You think I'm jealous of your weatherstripping??? My car TRUMPS yours in every way- looks, performance, and handling. My GN has won (53) car shows in a row . Toni, who's jealous now??? You think you know me, because you looked up my screen name and saw I was (51) years old??? You know nothing. But I bet you know the old saying... "sometimes you gotta stoop to their level..." Well, this is one of those times. Toni, I'll give you my address, and you can come over and really get to know me. Just be prepared to pick up your teeth when you leave.