You can type here any text you want

Is this for the oil pressure gauge?

Welcome!

By registering with us, you'll be able to discuss, share and private message with other members of our community.

SignUp Now!

MCH86GN

My engine blew and I was lucky enough to get my hands on a running replacement. I removed everything off my old blown block. On my replacement motor I noticed that it has only the oil pressure switch. What I pulled off my engine has a bell looking thing, which I assume is a for the gauge. If I don't put this gauge on my replacement engine what do I do with the wire that was attached? Just tape it, so that it does not conduct?

Here is a picture and other pic of it attached to my block.

Attachments

• P5020316.JPG
    P5020316.JPG
    29.3 KB · Views: 176
  • P1240042.jpg
    P1240042.jpg
    68 KB · Views: 164
Is there a suitable replacement for the oil pressure sending unit?

Just tape it off. Why are you not hooking up the gauge?

Good question the new block that I have already has the pressure switch w/o the gauge I was trying to leave it is as is. The one pictured standalone is off my old block. However, it shouldn't be a big to just pull off the switch off my new block and replace it with the one off my old that has the gauge.

Thanks for answering my question though, about the if it was ok just to tape off the stray wire. This is my first time ever pulling an engine from any vehicle so I'm not sure of some of these components. Do you know if there is a replacement sending unit gauge for these cars? As I'm sure OEM sending unit is no longer made.

Back