It is alive!

Intercooler

Finally got it started up tonight! Everything to my surprise was good: no leaks, 80 PSI oil pressure cold/ 23 PSI @ 195ºF, no knocks, 20" of vacuum at idle. I guess I managed to piece the old Ruggles 206/206 roller cam nose together okay because it sounds great (thanks to those that helped me when I was trying to figure out what pieces I needed)! Oil looks good after cool-down so the single steel shims with the 1200 is working as planned with no leaks. The 206 idles smooth as glass and now that the translator is set up properly for the 3.5" MAF my idle at 875 RPM with the 83's is awesome! I will get a MPEG over the weekend. Just need to get the other small things done then off to the track.

Good to hear. It will be interested to see what kind of times you get. Think you will get close to Red?

Thanks!

Beat Red's time.... maybe if I tried. I want to go as fast as possible on the alchy so from things I see on here 24 PSI is about max. That should be good for 10.7-10.8 shouldn't it? I don't have a girdle but on Buick day at Cecil I will have it set for kill so maybe a low 10 will be possible. I don't have the bumpers or grille plus some other things in place (tags) so it isn't totally track worthy yet. I did back it out of the garage after changing the oil to see how the convertor acted with the 70. It was wet out because of the rain today but I took it up pretty quick to 3k RPM with the tires not trying to spin and was getting 6 PSI on the boost gauge. It spooled up nice :D I think 3400-3500 on slicks off the foot brake should be as advertised. I had this convertor set up for the 61 I never used but went with it anyways. Should be 3800 off the trans-brake from the Steve that built it for me. I wanted to take a clip of it tonight but the neighbors started complaining because of the noise. Two chamber 3" flowmasters make some noise:eek:

Clip tomorrow but you have to ignore the "in process" body parts replacement.:D

P.S. Loving the Max-Effort and LS-1 MAF this time around with the translator box set up right. 83's and a 750 RPM idle in gear...woo hoo!!

Couldn't resist, had to go for a blast!

OMG...Should have gotten a 72;) No questions now, the 70 is spooling like mad. Stomped it until third @ 20 PSI and it feels 2x quicker than the 11.52 pump gas motor. Didn't really mean to hit 20 PSI but it shot up that quick! Feels absolutely awesome. I think 10's at this point is a drop in the bucket:cool: I am really amazed just how much harder it pulls with this setup over the other one. All the roller crap makes more noise but I guess I just have to get accustomed to it.

I took a clip but the editor wasn't working with me so it moves too quick. Can anyone edit it to make it right then send it back to me so I can put it on my page?

Here it is: http://home.att.net/~jesse.adkins/untitled.mpg

Someone wanted to see the alchy wiring routing so I need it to go slow. Thanks!

Yeah it sounds great!! I heard it the other night, idles really smooth. Hurry up and get it ready for the track so we can go blast it. On paper your car should go as fast or faster than Reds but we'll see. Guess i better step up the hair dryer so i can keep up with you guys ;) Frank

I thought their would be a lot of downsides to bigger stuff but....their just isn't. I would suggest to anyone to go the route of a Max-Effort 16, big squirters and large turbo with a intercooler to match.

Frank,

You will be pleasantly surprised. Over 15 PSI it feels like the car wants to come apart:eek: :) Now that I have it back to a lock-up with a brake.....holy s. Don't let me spank you on pump gas:D

NICE & SMOOTH

Originally posted by Intercooler
[ Now that the translator is set up properly for the 3.5" MAF,

My idle at 875 RPM with the 83's is awesome! [/B]

Happy to hear it's up & running...and a hearty "Amen" on the injector performance!

50#s (high-impedance) and 83#s (low-impedance) are the only 2 sets of injectors that would ever be needed for 99% of TRs.

:) :) :)