You can type here any text you want

Its alive!!

Welcome!

By registering with us, you'll be able to discuss, share and private message with other members of our community.

SignUp Now!

TurboJim

JCC Racing Member Forum Tech Advisor
Staff member
I tried it without the O2, and it started, played with the fueling and its running and idles pretty well now. Took some time. I guess its a good thing I left the old O2 in it and left my POS Autometer AF gauge hooked up. I tuned it to where the AF meter was with the stock ECM. Its pretty close. Got plenty to do still. Main thing was Restart vs coolant temp. Needed a lot of fuel. PLayed with throttle follower, some AE/TPS and AE/MAP too.

Anyone have any hints in getting the idle a little more steady? The thing idles at 970ish just fine, till the fan comes on. I played with the IAC gains and got it to merely a stumble instead of a stall. Craig or Lance, can you/will you/have you built some load anticipation into these units? Like cooling fan on, raise IAC X amount of steps. Put car in gear, raise IAC a certain amount of steps. Again, it doesnt stall anymore, but it still stumbles a bit prior to catching itself and compensating.

I also didnt have the O2 on the car. Tuning it totally open loop too. AE numbers took a decent amount to keep the car running.

Least its running. Oh yeah, what size fuse is recommended in the thing? The slideshow on FAST's website says 8 injectors in P/H config draw ~8amps. I figure plus the circuitry, does a 15a fuse sound right? Oh, mines a bank system so I'll assume current draw will be higher than a sequential unit (3 injectors on at a time vs 1 injector on at a time.)

Back