You can type here any text you want

It's Alive!!!

Welcome!

By registering with us, you'll be able to discuss, share and private message with other members of our community.

SignUp Now!

Roc87

11 Second V6
Fired up the V6 in the Iroc finally yesterday!! After trying for a few minutes without it firing, I noticed I didn't have any power to the ecm, one of the dash wires were cut that was leading to it, as soon as I hooked that up, the little V6 came alive! I didn't really have a chance to see how it runs, but was able to make it to the gas station before my zip ties holding up the 3" exhaust (not hooked up to downpipe yet) broke and dropped the exhaust on the road. Sounds pretty good having only a 8" downpipe! I still need to figure out the fuel pump relay, because I'm only using a toggle switch to the fuel pump. Plus I need to drop the fuel tank to install the walbro 340. It sure was nice to drive it a little after the swap taking me so long:D

Congratulations sounds like your almost there!Feels good don't it.Post some pics.Wish mine was convertible.

There's a few pics on my website, but none of the shoehorned motor yet...... as soon as I get some pics developed and scanned.

Http://Camaroz28.cardomain.com/id/roc87

Just a few months of tuning ahead! Checked the fuel pressure and I only had 25psi! Glad I hadn't gotten on it very much, and Direct Scan says there's only one code, for the VSS.

looks evil! my roomate is definetly getting a gen3 camaro this fall, he wants to get a v-6, and then swap a v-8 in to save on insurence, how much more would it cost, time/labor/$$ to put in the LC2?

If he can find a deal on a Buick drivetrain, the total swap wouldn't cost very much. The spohn torque arm/tranny mount to use the 200R4 was $450. I think the adapter to use a 700R4 with the 3.8 would have been cheaper. You could probably swing it for under $1000 if you have a good donor to begin with. I'm above that though:( . I didn't keep track of how much I actually spent, but I sold my L98/700R4 for $2800 and I don't have any of that left, but I bought the SMC kit for the GN and my fiberglass cowl with that too, so I'm about $2200 in the swap with a little more to spend.....

As for time, I started on this back in October, but didn't really work on it any until May when I started spending about 5 hours a week on it. Lining up everything so I could weld the motor mounts took quite a while, and then after the mounts were tack welded I had to pull the motor so they could be fully welded up. The other thing that took a good amount of time was bending the steel fuel line and trying to make the double flares under the car! BOTLFED suggested aluminum which I should have used, but couldn't return the steel line which I'd already bought. Spent $80 on having the T-types driveshaft shortened to fit in the Iroc. I'd say I have about 50 hours in it so far..... Would hate to see a labor bill from a shop if I'd have had it done at one!

Back