You can type here any text you want

It's official new TTA owner!

Welcome!

By registering with us, you'll be able to discuss, share and private message with other members of our community.

SignUp Now!

phillyturbosix

Staff member
Just got my letter back from Pontiac Historic Serves on my TTA I recently purchased. I wasn't sure on the numebr and I found out there is some numbers on the car but they are all wrong. The only way to know the number is contact PHS and have them run the vin. The vin via Pontaic is the only true way. My trans tag says it's car 372 but that was wrong. My intercooler said it was car 1050 and that was wrong. None of the previous owners knew the number. Some people think that trans tag is the way to tell. I asked the people at PHS and he said no. The thing was the cars went from Van Nuys, CA. to PAS for the change over. Well if the tech on the line at PAS took the time to look at the trans tag and what car he was putting it in the number may be correct. If the tech installing the transmissions just grabbed one and threw it in the car you got whatever tag number was on it. That happend allot from what they told me. The last month I have been digging and calling people non stop on how to figure these cars out! :)

It's car number 396 out of 1555 built. I feel very lucky to have a nice 87 GN and now a mint 89 TTA. I'm sure you local guys will see it out this summer at some shows! I haven't had a chance to take it out and get some good pictures but when the weather gets nice I'll have it out for a photoshoot! :D

Congrats.

As you found out, there is no build number tag on this car. Regardless of what numbers you find throughout the car, none are the build number.

That # is not the production/build # either. It was the # PAS assigned to it as they processed the cars. As strange as it sounds #1111 may have been on the road before # 296.

Congrats on the TTA, I'm a convert also! Where at in NE Philly are you from? I'm originally from Torresdale...specifically Frankford Ave. and Pearson. I went to St. Katherines for grade school, then to Ryan for high school, to the military, then to KS. where I've been since 1993. Good luck with the car and be easy on the rear.

Hey Jim! Thats my cousin I was tellin ya about!!

Joe:
Jim lives in Holmesburg.. not too far from where you grew up man! His TTA is UNFREAKINBELIEVABLE too.. We are good friends..

Hey guys thanks for all the comments! I'm right up in the NE! Good old Mayfair section! :eek: Crazy how those build numbers work. Can't wait for the spring to get here so I can get it out and strech her legs a little!

Hey Frank, you and your bud need to make the trek to BG this year for the 25th anniversary and a small family reunion of sorts:) It's been since BG in Ohio since we dropped a few back...too long! Mayfair, that's a name I forgot about. Didn't Pop eat at some joint called the Mayfair Madrid after g-ma died? Glad to hear your bud's car is nice...not too many of those left out there!! If Frank says it's tits then its a 10 in my book.

good memory Joe. Thats where he ate.. its still there!

Yea me and jim were actually thinkin of comng to bg this year but it don;t look like its in the cards for me:( Too much other stuff to do this summer.. Jim has never been to a Buick meet like that so he NEEDS to go..

Congratulations on the TTA

nice to have a GN and TTA. my father would like to be in the same position but ihave the GN and he has the TTA :D

Hey Jim, Congrats on the TTA!!

It's too bad that TTA Values are in the Toilet right now though!! Great time to buy though as everyones figureing out :)!!

I'll be stopping down Philly for one of the Sunday night's once the weather breaks, I'm sure I'll see it there!

Congratulations on the new car! You are going to love it.

Originally posted by TT/A1233
That # is not the production/build # either. It was the # PAS assigned to it as they processed the cars. As strange as it sounds #1111 may have been on the road before # 296.

I have never heard that before. I was under the impression that the cars were built in order. Is there documentation to back this up?

Thanks guys! I love it. Was showing it off today to some friends.. they keep asking me the year as they can't believe the condition it's in :) It is nice to have the GN and TTA at the same time.. maybe someday.. I'll hit the lottery and have the complete collection! TTA , GN, and GNX! now that would be nice to have all in one garage! And I envy the few out there that already to have that! someday! :cool: Thanks again guys for the congrats! :)

Back