You can type here any text you want

Jeep steering box?

Welcome!

By registering with us, you'll be able to discuss, share and private message with other members of our community.

SignUp Now!

Stroker-ace

Boosted-brick
I've heard there is a steering box out of a Jeep I can use for my Gn that is smaller and better than the Stock Gbody one? any info? did a search and turned up nothing, maybe i searched wrong :/

I've heard of people using the steering shafts that attaches to the gearbox off of jeeps but I'm not sure on the gearbox it's self quite sure someone else will chime in. Only gearbox swaps I'm sure of in g body cars is swapping over to a manual gearbox off of a chevy s-10. But I'm no expert just thought I would try and help.

the Jeep steering box is pretty much the same as the stock TR steering box. it's the same size case with close to the same ratio and travel- in other words, not worth the effort.

I use a grand cherokee steering box and steering shaft on my cutlass the box is fast ratio but does not have as heavy of a feel as the gn box.I noticed the later model grand cherokee box is a lot smaller I was wondering if it wil fit the g body

The GM 670 box is what every one wants now it's 6lbs lighter than stock and smaller in size I know the 99 and newer chevy trucks have one I don't know if its a direct swap lee power steering and others sell them all rebuilt and blueprinted in 12.7 or 14.1 for a little more than 500 bux
grand cherokees use the bigger 800 box up to 99 then it got weird the box is verticle and smaller and in no way will fit a g body

Back