You can type here any text you want

Jeg's rollbar

Welcome!

By registering with us, you'll be able to discuss, share and private message with other members of our community.

SignUp Now!

Billdogg

PSI FED 6
Anybody have Jeg's 8 point rollbar installed in their car? I am wondering about the fitment and quality. Pics would help a lot. Thanks.

Hey, I can say that you would be WAY better off with a custom piece. Alston chassis works is out in Antioch....and they do some great work. I had them bend me up a custom cage for my '63 nova and it fit perfect. I live about an hour south of you just north of chicago. Email me if you'd like me to reccomend some other places to go. JZHeyde@hotmail.com. Are you familiar with Rockford racecraft? Maybe head over there and see who they reccomend. I know they do alot of turbo cars.....Hope this helps,

Jamin

Yup, I've been to Rockford Racecraft a couple of times for some local BBQ's. My buddy had his Buick motor built there. My car is all apart now, and I was planning on having my body guy weld the cage in while it's there. Just wondering about the jeg's rollbar quality since it's pretty cheap. $152.

Im sure the quality of the jeggs bar is pretty good. You have to look into shipping though....Give alston a call and see what kinda price they can give you on the bar. I think I paid about $175 and picked it up from them. I didnt have them install it, I did something like you are doing, had someone else do it. They can custom bend bars for you if you want something "trick" they are a real good shop to do business with. Give em a call and check em out. again they are in Antioch, IL Alston Chassis works or something like that.
Jamin

Jegs = no good...:rolleyes:

I bought one for my buick and only used afew pieces from the kit... I made my own bars in the back that go up and over the back seat and then threw the rear speaker holes... The one from jegs are all straight pieces of pipe, and in the back seat thy make it so you cant use it... Right threw your nice seat..:(

Go to a custom shop and they will make them..;)

You get what you pay for in this case..

Matt:cool:

P.S. the pins and swivles are an extra $100.oo smakers..:eek: But will make getting in and out of you car 110 times easier..

Yeah I also agree with what Matt said. Using the straight bars would SUCK....as he said no back seat. I got the ones from Alston that were the bent rear bars for my nova I was talking about. They still let me use the back seat and were alittle less visable than the straight ones. You will definitely be happier with the Custom fab'd piece. Also the swing out side bars are worth their weight in gold. Makes getting in and out MUCH MUCH easier. Not to mention you can completly remove them if you want when your not at the track. Just a few more of my opinions!!!!! Later,

jamin

Originally posted by NoNos38
Jegs = no good...:rolleyes:

I bought one for my buick and only used afew pieces from the kit... I made my own bars in the back that go up and over the back seat and then threw the rear speaker holes... The one from jegs are all straight pieces of pipe, and in the back seat thy make it so you cant use it... Right threw your nice seat..:(

I dont think there is anything wrong with the Jegs kit.I installed one in my GTA and it worked fine.It looks to be designed for a racecar though with strength in mind and not convenience(such as retaining the rear seat and swingout door bars,which I know it is accepted by the NHRA but lets face it - cut/bent bars are not as strong as solid straight bars).

Steve

You can get either typr - through the rear deck or straight bars.
The through the deck tubes cost extra though.

Back