You can type here any text you want

Jim D'Alessandro

Welcome!

By registering with us, you'll be able to discuss, share and private message with other members of our community.

SignUp Now!

John Wilde

I'm getting too old for this $#!%
Staff member
What ever happened to Jim D'Alessandro???
After he crashed the 7 second car at the buick
mustang race years ago I have not heard anything about him.

a friend of mine has his 7 sec car,which he repaired. looks sweet except for the pontiac 455 he runs it with!

I have a few freinds that would love to see him:mad:
Enough said good luck, last i heard he was running a shop in Berlin NJ after he bailed out of quarter Mile performance for $$ issues.

Jim is still running 1/4 mile performance. He just moved his shop. The turbocharging offshore racing boats didnt take off. He is supposedly working on porshes and other exotics as well as some buicks.

Originally posted by njturbo
last i heard he was running a shop in Berlin NJ after he bailed out of quarter Mile performance for $$ issues.
That's a "polite" way to put it...:rolleyes:

Originally posted by Scott231
That's a "polite" way to put it...:rolleyes:

That is the best i can do, myself included have had first hand experience. :rolleyes:

StagedGN ,

Do you think you could get me any pictures of your friends car???
Thanks in advance.

Scott231,

Shoot me an email if you know more please.

i coulda bought that purple pooper for like 500 years ago

it sat at level 10 for a looooong time. thought they were gonna junk it and then ...poof it is in upstate ny(advertised for like 7000y :eek: )

Shoot I wish I could have picked it up.
First thing I would do is take the carpet off the cage =)

I actually was going to buy that car rolling before I got the deal I got - I think I may still have his number somewhere - Now knowing what I know I am glad that I didn't buy the car -

Winsett
www.meankidsracing.com

hey John I sent you a pic.The cage has more of a tweed material which is lighter weight for E.T.'s :)

Thanks for the picture. What does the car weight???

I've been told 2200 with the driver.I also had a chance to buy the car but my current GN is too close to completion to start over with something else.The car is cert. down to 7.50's.The first thing I would have done is get rid of the BGC's on the doors!

Heard the guy owes a lot of people money and screwed over quite a few in his day. Surprized anybody even talks about a guy like this.

Originally posted by Ted A.
Heard the guy owes a lot of people money and screwed over quite a few in his day. Surprized anybody even talks about a guy like this.

Bingo:rolleyes:

Talking

You should be able to speak about anyone you wish.
I did not know of Jim's problems with the law before last week.
I have never met the man or done business with him.
I just know that he had a really awesome car and then
fell off the face of the earth a couple months after crashing it.
In this society where people are elevated to god like status for their performance in their jobs, we the people need to seperate
what they do inside of work and out.

Michael Jordan - is a womanizer, gambler and extreemly cocky.
He is still the greatest b ball player to lace up a set of shoes.

Almost any comedian - has a substance problem.
Is Richard Pryor not funny

Michael Jackson - His music 20 years ago was great. He is now w pedephile and crazy

Don't get me started on politicians- Even ones that have done more good than hard "few" have huge problems.

I just asked a question about a man that owned a car that is part of turbo buick history!!!

It sounds like you got the information that you wanted - the guy is still around and working and the car is now in someone else's garage.

Here is some more info - The guy I talked to on the phone and who sent me pictures wanted to sell the car rolling and if I remember he wanted something in the high teens (17-18K) for the car (this is of course after it had been fixed from the wreck) he had put a big block in it and had been running some mid/low 9's with it. It was still a 'full tube' car and this is the reason why I decided against it. I don't think the car was as light as stated - the guy told be something like 2500-2600 (he was guessing if I remember right) I don’t see how a 80's G-body can get down to 2200 (back halved or not) with a person in it - v6 or not - having cut a car completely up and knowing what everything weights I think it would be very hard and would require some serious fabrication to get it near 2200 wet and loaded.

I wouldn’t worry about the talking about people issue – I have learned that everyone talks about everyone – its human nature. It just so happens that the faster you are the more talk you get. I didn’t hear you say anything bad or anyone else for that matter – no one said a word about his momma or whipping his arse :)

And if you are still looking for a RACE car – I know where you can get one – cheap.

Winsett
www.meankidsracing.com

Thanks Scott, I will shoot you an email!
UMMM I can't, make that a private message!

Back