Jim Testa Street Chip (Attn: Jim!)

Ding ding ding, we have a winner. Chad I think said try an AC Delco PCV vs the check valve............

I put it in and let it idle for about 3 minutes, then gave it some rpms a few times......BLMs went from 150 down, down, down some more, down again to the 1-teens. These cars will never cease to amaze me. Thanks for the help everyone. Gonna do some WOT testing tonight :)

PS- Jim, what do you thinks a good fuel pressure setting for your chip? 42-43? (blue tops) Thanks!!!!!!!!!

Neil, what you gotta remember with these cars is, even though you use the same parts and try to set up two different cars the same way, they will both react differently...Same thing with the brass check-valve, some cars like them, some don't...That is why some cars with identical setups run killer with a Thrasher chip, and some run like dogsh!t...Each car is a different animal...You just gotta keep trying things and tweaking them until you find what each one likes...

Originally posted by 8UWITH6
Ding ding ding, we have a winner. Chad I think said try an AC Delco PCV vs the check valve............

I put it in and let it idle for about 3 minutes, then gave it some rpms a few times......BLMs went from 150 down, down, down some more, down again to the 1-teens. These cars will never cease to amaze me. Thanks for the help everyone. Gonna do some WOT testing tonight :)

I think that would qualify as a post MAF air leak....what do I win?

PS- Jim, what do you thinks a good fuel pressure setting for your chip? 42-43? (blue tops) Thanks!!!!!!!!!

Start at 36-37 vac on, so 40-42 vac off

Originally posted by 8UWITH6

It's not the cars that should be amazing you, it's the junk ass parts people are still trying to peddle. :mad: That's what never ceases to amaze me.

If people would just throw them dam check valves away, put the "CORRECT" PCV in it 's place and replace/clean the PCV on a regular basis (once every 6 months would do it), then MOST if not all the problems that plague tuning these cars with abnormal BLM's would dissapear (if there's no other vacuum leaks that is)

Ya'll got to remember. Once the PCV gets replaced with a check valve you have just introduced a huge vacuum leak that wasn't meant to be there.