You can type here any text you want

Johnny K goes 4.34 @173mph on a 275 Radial!

Welcome!

By registering with us, you'll be able to discuss, share and private message with other members of our community.

SignUp Now!
Special K is faster than a lot of chassis cars I know.
That dude doesn't mess around.

Special K is faster than a lot of chassis cars I know.
That dude doesn't mess around.

Yeah, I remember not too long ago the Lynch Mob was running 4.30's with their Outlaw 10.5 car. Now he busts out a 4.30 on that little 275. Crazy!

The advances in traction and boost controllers have really broken through a lot of performance barriers.

The bad thing about it is traction control wasn't used here and boost control means getting it in as fast as you can. JK has now been faster on the 275 Pro than he has on the 315. This tire along with the traction compunds is responsible for most of the things we see now days. The challenge has shifted from us trying to control the power to get the car down the track to trying to keep the nose down and find new ways to get the power in quicker. I never thought we'd see the day where we were trying to get to full boost with an engine like this before 2 seconds into the run.

Dusty,

I had no idea you could throw that much into it.
What is left of my mind is officially blown.

With Alan's car and the GT47-88 I was at full power at 1.2 seconds......right at the 60' mark. With the 80mm I had it all in at .7 seconds. That doesn't mean I had the ramp in at .7........I had the ramp calling for full pressure at .4 seconds. It ramped from 12psi at launch to 22psi at .7 which was as fast as the motor could physically make that much boost. The issue facing the turbo cars is getting the boost in faster and faster. We are now trying to get the boost higher at launch so that it reaches full boost even sooner. The 330' times you have to run in order to go 4.34 are just under 3 seconds. It's crazy to imagine but if it only takes 2.96 seconds to run to 330', you are at full boost well before that.

Rather than the tire and suspension being the limiting factor, it's shifted back to who can make the most power............or who has the most $$$$

Not to mention Holly Springs, seems to be record breaking track of choice..Amazing how much faster these cars are going...

These tires are incredible I have them on my Buick leaving at 15 lbs on the street at 18 lbs of pressure . The car wants more boost off the launch , I think I can leave at 20lbs with my 70 gtq . Best tire I ever bought IMO

Back