June 7th - unofficial shootout

why arent you running in this one? maybe you can be a backup or alternate if there isnt too many in numbers....i wonder if ill be able to get dars car back together in time for this one....will have to definitely wait and see....

I'll definetly be backup :p And hopefully I get my downpipe and wastegate on by then. How much more is there to be done to Dar's car?

:p oops! updated :D I hit my head to hard over the sink. :eek:

Jackson...I cant update the link...can you update it using your magical moderator powers? :D

http://hfpc.net/forums/index.php?act=ST&f=4&t=61&st=45
Originally posted by pcpony
This post is getting long, but since it was addressed here, I will discuss it here. I will be working on putting together another HFPC-BSM-Buick race for June 7. Andrew, I hear and understand what type of race that you're asking for. I do not have the resources and contacts to even initiate such a task. So, instead of asking other people to go and do it, why don't you spearhead the project and get things going yourself? Remember, I don't even have a car to race right now, so what's in it for me?

The June 7th race will be like the last. Looking to get each team to enter 8 cars. 6 cars to run headsup and 2 cars to run bracket. Every car will make 3 runs in the group entered. Point to the winner of each match and most points win. More details will be announced as it is worked out with the team leaders.

A question that you may have. Why not include other "teams"? Why not make it open? HFPC, BSM and the Buicks have demostrated the commitment in the past that allows such an event to be held. This is a fun race where all the participants get to make passes and race for team pride. An open format won't accomplish this and would require eliminations.

Thanks for copying the post over to this side, T-TR. On this one, we'll be opening it to our slower cars to run in the bracket. We can change the distribution and go with 4 cars headsup and 4 cars bracket. We do have time to discuss the format. I do think that more than 8 cars from each team will be hard for Paul to accept. And, we can split the running of headsup and bracket.

I will talk with Bode about each team pitching in a little money like the last time. We can use the money to pick up food or team trophies to be handed out at the end of the night. Let me know what you guys think. Any ideas or suggestions can be posted on our board. Oh yeah, June 7, 2003 is on a Saturday. I'll swing by Paul's shop to talk with him about this event.

Just was checking out the IS forums and seems like everyone wants to get in this event. How's about a all out car club battle?

Its will include.....

Turbo Buicks Hawaii
HFPC
BSM
IS
EFI Unlimited

i think it might be hard for IS to pull some member numbers since most of them are away defending our nation :)

took more parts off dars car....motor and trans are almost ready to come out as an assembly that is :D

Looks like I'll be missing this one...

Whats the new combo going to be Danny? Or is it a secret? ;) :D

My opinion:

IS-like Danny said, needs some time for their members to get back from defending our country. And to work on their cars.

EFI Unlimited-don't know them. Hear that they like to hangout and cruise. Not many 1/4 mile racers.

Camaro Club of Hawaii-same as EFI.

Perhaps something can be done later in the year to include more clubs, especially IS.

Bode from BSM prefers to have an all headsup race. We can go along with that although I think that 1 or 2 of our members will be disappointed. What do you guys think? Go for it, 8 cars headsup.

Can I play with my wifes camaro for this?

If so, I would prefer brackets (need to practice...)

Robert

Gee, I don't see a Buick in your list of 10,000 vehicles. Would like to see the Buick team to be all Buicks as our Ford team will be all Fords. BSM on the other hand, is a mixture of manufacturers with mostly Camaros/Firebirds.