You can type here any text you want

just bought a 1985 buick grand national

Welcome!

By registering with us, you'll be able to discuss, share and private message with other members of our community.

SignUp Now!
2ED81B00-7BFD-4C64-82E3-1877608EFA37.jpeg
0992F45F-D9E9-4A3C-9872-028BCE1B7A66.jpeg
That turbo isn't going to work

Sent from my SM-G935T using Tapatalk

Attachments

• E318FD44-6328-47A9-A9EF-C6D4C13495BE.jpeg
    E318FD44-6328-47A9-A9EF-C6D4C13495BE.jpeg
    1.7 MB · Views: 88
  • 1B879F98-656C-47D1-93EC-CC8D45B9C11B.jpeg
    1B879F98-656C-47D1-93EC-CC8D45B9C11B.jpeg
    1.3 MB · Views: 77
Those look like speed daddy headers. They are the only option for the ha cars at this time. Search speed daddy in the hot air section. They take a little bit to fit but they are actually a decent quality material wise. There has been write ups on how to fit them.

Sent from my SM-G930W8 using Tapatalk

Those look like speed daddy headers. They are the only option for the ha cars at this time. Search speed daddy in the hot air section. They take a little bit to fit but they are actually a decent quality material wise. There has been write ups on how to fit them.

so with all that the new turbo shall fit right or no

Doesn't look like it. The flanges you have are for an external waste gate down pipe. The up pipe for turbo buicks is a 3 bolt. The 84-85 turbo is specific for the set up. It uses an adapter. So the adapter slides inside the compressor outlet and then pushes into the intake. I don't no of any turbos that have the right size outlet to allow the adapter to work. Some people have welded the adapter to a different three bolt flange turbo but it takes some fab skills. The only direct bolt on upgrade turbo is one from limit engineering and they take your stock turbo and mill it out to take ta49 wheels.
93babc379cd1c6fb60c3117bf8b1812f.jpg

Doesn't look like it. The flanges you have are for an external waste gate down pipe. The up pipe for turbo buicks is a 3 bolt. The 84-85 turbo is specific for the set up. It uses an adapter. So the adapter slides inside the compressor outlet and then pushes into the intake. I don't no of any turbos that have the right size outlet to allow the adapter to work. Some people have welded the adapter to a different three bolt flange turbo but it takes some fab skills. The only direct bolt on upgrade turbo is one from limit engineering and they take your stock turbo and mill it out to take ta49 wheels.
93babc379cd1c6fb60c3117bf8b1812f.jpg

damn im upset now and confused

we dont do pizza down here we do tacos lmao when you down here again let me know ill introduce u to the best tacos in the whole north side of houston tx
I’m originally from Brooklyn ny so pizza is my default meal that I always fall back on lol. But hell yea I could go for some tacos. Yeah my friend lives in a town called Cleveland Texas which is I believe a suburb of Houston. I know it’s very close to Houston.
As far as the car goes. I agree keep it stock and keep the value up. The only reason I went cold air was the engine I bought it with spun a rod bearing. And I wanted to go a little faster. But please definitely invest $250 in a scanmaster it’s literally the most important mod you will ever buy. And do the spring cleaning on the car. You got yourself a nice rare car my friend.
See u soon

Sell the turbo you have and instead of having the spare one from your buddy rebuilt send it to limit to have it converted to a ta33. You can have alot of fun with a scanmaster, cai, 60# injectors, alky, 87 ecm, 3 inch down pipe and decent exhaust. It will be well mannered and have jam if you ever need it. Watch the parts for sale section and you can save some coin by buying good used stuff

Sell the turbo you have and instead of having the spare one from your buddy rebuilt send it to limit to have it converted to a ta33. You can have alot of fun with a scanmaster, cai, 60# injectors, alky, 87 ecm, 3 inch down pipe and decent exhaust. It will be well mannered and have jam if you ever need it. Watch the parts for sale section and you can save some coin by buying good used stuff

I like the way this person thinks. That’s an excellent safe way to get a few extra horses, give it a nice sound, and still keep it original.

that reads good to me only if i knew exactly what it means lol sorry im kinda slow

Unless ALL the supporting mods are in place, the stock turbo will be quicker than a TA33.

My advice:
Get the car to run 100% detonation free at 9-10 PSI boost on fresh 93 prior to modifications.

message me better sorry 8322060129
playboy - your car looks great and with some loving care youll be proud of it. if i had a dollar for every time someone told me 85 are dogs id be rich. i never used the 4 bolt turbo but have had more than 1 3 bolt turbo with the adapter welded to the turbo. there is a lot of information on the hot air forum. get it running good before you stand on it. 12 to 14 lbs of boost is plenty for the street if you watch for knock. alky control (julio) is a great guy he can get you set up. john

my grand national clone convertible getting the new guts in looking forward to taking it and the 85 gn to Galveston Tx for the hot wether coming soon

Back