Just got my engine back together tonight...

Gooch

I wiped a lobe and finally got my engine completely back together tonight, but I couldn't get it started. I have a couple questions...would just cranking it with the spark plugs off build up enough oil pressure to get the oil to the heads? And is there a way to get the oil to the heads without starting it?

Also, I tried to start it briefly to see if I could build up oil pressure and I wasn't getting any fuel. The pressure gauge on the fuel rail read 30 PSI, but I guess the injectors aren't firing. Any suggestions?

You can remove the cam sensor and spin a the oil pump to build pressure. A quick search will tell you how to build a tool. As far as starting it goes just make sure all the sensors are set right. Good luck. james

I wiped a lobe and finally got my engine completely back together tonight, but I couldn't get it started. I have a couple questions...would just cranking it with the spark plugs off build up enough oil pressure to get the oil to the heads? And is there a way to get the oil to the heads without starting it?

Also, I tried to start it briefly to see if I could build up oil pressure and I wasn't getting any fuel. The pressure gauge on the fuel rail read 30 PSI, but I guess the injectors aren't firing. Any suggestions?

It would build pressure eventually....by that time, you would have probably done damage to the bearings.

+1 to Black Bandit- prime that thing first till you get good pressure. Check your fuses, then check that all your sensors are hooked up properly. Then prime again before you properly re-install the cam sensor.

Start her up, and break her in right......