You can type here any text you want

Just got my new 6765bb turbo!

Welcome!

By registering with us, you'll be able to discuss, share and private message with other members of our community.

SignUp Now!

mikeandjen

Hey all,

Just recieved my 6765dbb turbo a week ago and just had the actuator hole milled out to 1 1/8" to help with boost creep as many have been running into issues. I chose to have my local machine shop put it on a lathe and do it rather than carbide bit method, a little cleaner and only costed $40.00! I will let you all know how it turns out as I am just about finished with the motor swap and am going to put the turbo on tomorrow....

Thanks to Mike at Full Throttle for all his help and patience with questions........:biggrin:

Heres some pics of the turbo.....check out the milled actuator hole! I can only imagine what it would have looked like if I would have done it with a carbide bit

DSC00144.JPG

4" inlet

DSC00145.JPG

3" outlet

DSC00146.JPG

and now correct actuator hole size...1 1/8th which is just about an 1/8" under the THDP 1.375" puck.

This is supposedly the new boosted turbo......I know, I know....Im trying to get it on as quickly as possible to have some results!:wink:

Damn that looks nice...
Maybe my son does not have to got to school!:eek:

did you have to dissasemble the turbo and send out the exhuast side to have wastegate hole ported??

just curious if u take the turbo apart, what r the torque specs when your tighten up the bolts again?

YOU STOLE MY TURBO!!

lol nice, I wanna know how this performs asap. I'm still waiting to put mine on and go tot eh track, hopefully after may 2nd I will have some times.

I bought one from Mike, too :biggrin: Its at the machine shop getting matched up to my ATR Header port, then off to get ceramic coated. I'll post up pics in a couple weeks when I have it back.

No, didn't dissassemble turbo, the machine shop put a piece of expandable foam in the exhaust housing to ensure no shavings got into the compressor wheel.......

Back