just picked up tta..Few Questions....

19TTA89

I know 8sec Pete!!!
Just bought tta #343..I really dont know anything about these cars so ill go over somestuff i noticed about it.........
1st..little bit of rough idle..Injectors have a green stripe on them and chip is prob.original..{says delco on it}
2nd..vac.lines are off wastegate selenoid and a valve is attached to vac.line{valve is open on other side..No line attached}
3rd..car is boosting @20psi..Nothing shows on knock guage..{dont even know if it works..But didnt hear any ping or noise}
4th..i would like to put a in car boost controller in car..Anyone know of a good one to use..or should i put the vac..back on the wastegate sel...and adjust the rod on the wastegate?it looks threaded and adjustable.
5th..can someone tell me where to find a diagram of the turbo vac.lines
Sorry about the long post but i dont want this thing to blow up..LOL..not sure if that boost is too high or not..Also I am ordering a thrasher 92 chip for it..Maybe will help idle a bit..Car also has diffrent downpipe,test pipe,dump,adj.fuel press reg,k&n filter...Thanks For looking..And will appreciate any help offered..Shawn.

Congrats onthe new toy.

Now for the nitty gritty.The waste gate valve on the valve cover is only suppossed to have 1 hose attached to it.The other opening there goes a little foam filter.

Next...first suggestion to any TTA owner is to keep your boost under 15 lbs when flying blind.That is no scan tool whatsoever.20 lbs is possible on straight pump gas...but not probable unless there is a lot of knock.And if you can hear the knock...get ready for head gaskets/pistons,bearings,etc...

So....if you want to run anything above 15-16.5 lbs of boost...only two options..race gas or alky injection.

My best monies spent on my TTA so far have been the scanmaster and the loveridge plenum plate.By far hands down the best pieces for the money.IMHO

So until you have some way of electronically sensing knock...keep boost under 15 lbs.Knock will tear the motor apart..literally.

The guage on the dash is pretty accurate if the map sensor is good."if"....

May also look into the TTA list on Topica.com..lots of knowledge there bout these cars.

Depending on what is done, 20# is a bit to high!!! What knock guage?? Have scanmaster? 20# on pump gas is pushing I would think. I would turn boost down to 16.5-17 for now.

Thanks for answering guys....I will be looking into the scanmaster as my next purchase as well as the plate...Just have to figure out how to read it...Im going to adjust the valve and try to lower the boost..to 15psi..can a spacer be used with that plate???I noticed it has a spacer under the plenom...Thanks Again..Shawn

From RJC:

Q6. Can I run my plenum spacer with a plate?

ANS6. Because of the wide asortment of spacers available to us it would be impossable for me to test each and every thickness of spacer. The spacer does affect the how the air flows through the plate so the flow distribution is hard to predict. In other words, not if you want it to work properly.

I have a 1/2" P.S. and plan on taking it off before I install my power plate.:)

Thanks..1BADDAM...Ill remove the spacer when i get the plate.....Anyone on this Board in the central New Jersey area???Or know of any Shops in the this area that can do a good tune on this car??...Thanks Again...Shawn

Legnthening the waste gate rod decreases boost.Usually about 1 lb per complete turn.So it need about 5 turns...