You can type here any text you want

KB TB and plenum

Welcome!

By registering with us, you'll be able to discuss, share and private message with other members of our community.

SignUp Now!

tta1401

I have the 70mm TB and plenum from KB. It was on the car when I bought it. I believe it may be a little over kill for my set up. I made this conclusion after reading all of these times on stock equipment. Does anyone think that this size might hurt me? I would think not but some have said yes. Never really told me why though. That is why I am asking this question. I would rather keep them on but if need be, I will take them off and put ported/stockers back on. I honestly don't think that it would make any difference but someone w/ more insight on this might want to chime in. It doesn't make sense why they would say it hurts the car more w/ what I got or am I missing something? Maybe they wanted them.;)

TIA,

From what I've read, it wouldn't be overkill because the restriction isn't in the plenum, but behind the valves in the head(as well as exhaust runner). Ive heard that tip in throttle won't be as good with the larger tb unless you have the combo pushing a lot of air. With a 60 and the 3K stall it doesn't seem that bad of a combo for the larger tb and plenum. I'd leave the plenum alone(it helps top end breathing) and find a buddy with a smaller tb to try out.

I now recall hearing that. Glad you said something. I guess I will do a back to back comparison. Knowing me, I will just keep them on there. I know I will need them soon enough.;) Thanks.

I and many other people have found the bigger TB gave better throttle response on the street. One theory is that the blade does not have to open as far to let in the same amount of iar.

I know people have documented results that using it on basically stock car slowed it down in the 1/4, but I would leave it on.

Besides, they look awesome!

Leave it on now that you have it. But you did'nt need it. It looks kool though.

Steve K.

I had the chance to put the stockers on when I bought it but decided not to. If all goes like I plan this coming winter, should be able to utilize it more for next race season.;) :cool:

Back