You can type here any text you want

KDC-7009 security code?

Welcome!

By registering with us, you'll be able to discuss, share and private message with other members of our community.

SignUp Now!

Louie L.

Habitual Line Stepper
Staff member
My neighbor gave me the above model Kenwood radio which was pulled from his 1999 Lightning. The motor kicked a rod and the thing sat with a dead battery for several years. The radio was fully operational until the battery died. Now the radio needs a security code.
Anyone know how to get one and unlock the radio? It was a freebie and Id like to install it in my TTA.

talk to the person you got it from theres no default code on those decks.its a personal code he/she put in like a birthday,or something like that

Well I may as well just toss it in the trash.LOL My neighbor purchased this Lightning with the blown engine and the radio was in the truck already. And the truck has been thru a few owners who could not finish the project.

Well I may as well just toss it in the trash.LOL My neighbor purchased this Lightning with the blown engine and the radio was in the truck already. And the truck has been thru a few owners who could not finish the project.

Those security codes suck. Been down that road. At work I have 12 different log in's and passwords and that alone is a trick to remember each. On top of that we are forced to change them every 90 days and we can never repeat a log in or password. The last thing in the world I need is another security code.

There is one option you can try. Call Kenwood and see if they will help. More than likely they will not since you are not the original purchaser.

Kenwoods you can unlock the radio with a default master code but the ir remote is needed. I use to repair kenwoods a while back so I have to look for the info on that.

Kenwoods you can unlock the radio with a default master code but the ir remote is needed. I use to repair kenwoods a while back so I have to look for the info on that.

I kinda thought that from finding posts in other car audio forums. If you find something let me know.

Those security codes suck. Been down that road. At work I have 12 different log in's and passwords and that alone is a trick to remember each. On top of that we are forced to change them every 90 days and we can never repeat a log in or password. The last thing in the world I need is another security code.

There is one option you can try. Call Kenwood and see if they will help. More than likely they will not since you are not the original purchaser.

I know this too well. In my line of work. If i dont use access to a specific database , they cancel my accounts all together and I have to re apply. Add that on top of changing codes and passwords every 90 days..LOL:eek: :biggrin:

Back