You can type here any text you want

Keeps losing tune,battery has not died

Welcome!

By registering with us, you'll be able to discuss, share and private message with other members of our community.

SignUp Now!

Onalky87

I have a 5.6 chip. And for some reason it keeps losing it's tune. So I put the parameters back. Let the car sit 15min and when I turn the key on the battery acts dead Like no lights on and scanmaster off and everything slowly gains power back. And after that my tunes gone. Idk how long I've been driving around with everything back on 128 but it's never had that problem with turning the key untill I put the numbers back.

Am I doing it wrong? Like after changing numbers do I have to drive it in order for them to save? I started it and let it run for 5min and it still did it

Thank you for any help

Did you check your battery terminals? Sounds like one may be loose or have a bad connection. Don't forget to check the motor side too.

Did you check your battery terminals? Sounds like one may be loose or have a bad connection. Don't forget to check the motor side too.

What do u mean by motor side? And I'm fairly sure it's not the terminals. I just checked them and there tight. After the car sits my batt volt says 11.2 on scanmaster. That's about right right? 14.1 while running

I'm going to unhook the orange ECM wire by bat and clean it with electronics cleaner. Good idea?

The positive cable on the motor side goes down to the starter. Check the connection there.

The negative cable on the motor side goes to the front of the passenger head. Check that connection also.

11.2 key on engine off is pretty normal.

14.1 running is good too.

There is a chance the battery has a internal problem like a dead cell. If connections check out, have the battery load tested.

Ok. I'll check all those and clean the orange wires plug by battery when i get out of work and get back to you. If those r good I'll just replace battery

What do u mean by motor side? And I'm fairly sure it's not the terminals. I just checked them and there tight. After the car sits my batt volt says 11.2 on scanmaster. That's about right right? 14.1 while running

I'm going to unhook the orange ECM wire by bat and clean it with electronics cleaner. Good idea?

Measure the battery voltage with a volt meter, not scanmaster.

If you read anything under 12.2 at the battery (engine off) you've got a problem. 14.0-14.2 with engine running is good.

Hmmm. So is it possible that although it has enough to start the cR it drops to low after and loses the tune? Bc the battery is junk?

Hmmm. So is it possible that although it has enough to start the cR it drops to low after and loses the tune? Bc the battery is junk?

If it starts the car I would think it's good. Check connections.

I might just replace the battery regardless it's old and I don't want a voltage drop at wot. It does crank 4-5 times b4 it starts tho

If it starts the car I would think it's good. Check connections.

Not always. I know on the old Thrasher chips, and maybe even modern anti theft chips, that if the voltage drooped below a 9v threshold (while cranking) the anti theft and other options would reset to defaults. Even while the car still started.

Not always. I know on the old Thrasher chips, and maybe even modern anti theft chips, that if the voltage drooped below a 9v threshold (while cranking) the anti theft and other options would reset to defaults. Even while the car still started.

Good info! Roger that....

Check your ECM connectors for corrosion. The orange MEM wire is in the far corner of the larger of the two connectors; if you see any signs of corrosion on the pin or terminal, that could cause your problem. Time to replace both connectors AND the ECM.

I have seen this recently at an alarming rate on our cars. Terminals and mating connectors are failing and causing many electrical gremlins.

Also, check your positive battery cable. Corrosion sets in to the molded lug end, creeping into the cables and in particular, the MEM feed to the fuselink/single cavity weatherpack. That corrosion causes a low voltage condition to the MEM feed wire.

Back