Kemah car hang out - March 25th

turborambler

If they are still hanging out in the Target/Home Depot lot in Kemah/Clear Lake I am going to take my car there tomorrow night. If anyone else is there come by and say hey.

I have a rusty AMC 68 rambler with a buick motor in it.

:tongue: I am planning on taking it to HRP - Baytown Sunday night and make a few
passes.

Ross

older pics of the car:

http://www.ronansys.com/rambler1.htm

no racey

The turn out was pretty good at the show - there were some nice cars. Most people knew what a buick GN motor was - so that was funny when they would look at my car.

While I was talking to some people they said the HRP website was wrong and the track was going to be closed Sunday. They were right it was closed and when I checked the website again it was closed...

I will try and go the when they open up again.

Are you going for the so ugly it's cute look? I think you could use a paint job almost as bad as my car.

I bet that thing will really move with that 4-link, coil overs and the aftermarket frame.

With all that aluminum interior and gutting you have done, what is that thing at about 1900 lbs now?

Let me know when your going to the track, would be fun to line up next to a 4-link car.

Talk to you later,

White Night

Yeah that 4-Link was on sale at wal-mart so I got a deal in the automotive section. I wish I had something fast like a White Lighting T-Type with all the latest in fiberglass technology for weight savings. I am running the ol run of the mill stock buick long block. I can't pull those big Wheeler wheelies like those sub sonic T-types... ;)

Let me know if you ever see that car, I sure haven't seen it in about three years. I have a hard time keeping everything in check from pass to pass. You might be able to take alot of my money if you catch it on a few bad passes.

Do let me know when you go to the track, I'd like to meet you out there when you go.

Im In Too

Wheeler said:
Let me know if you ever see that car, I sure haven't seen it in about three years. I have a hard time keeping everything in check from pass to pass. You might be able to take alot of my money if you catch it on a few bad passes.

Do let me know when you go to the track, I'd like to meet you out there when you go.
Let me know too Will, if you dont mind my oddball car parking with yall. I think E.J. is wanting to try his car out too. Shawn Carlin

Race at HRP - Friday April 7th

I think the first time they are open at Houston Raceway Park is Friday April 7th after the big NHRA event. I am going to try and make it that night.
Maybe that fast white T-Type can come out and play... :wink:

Here are the hours:

Time:5:00 pm - 10:45 pm

Thanks for letting me know when your going. I for sure can't make it on a Friday. I thought you were going to go on a Sunday.

Let me know how the Rambler does.

I'll give you guys a shout when I head to the track

Sunday is good

Hey man I can go on Sunday without a problem if you think you can make it then. I think Jay may be able to come then also.

To have the pleasure of seeing the white knight run then that is worth
waiting an extra day. :biggrin:

Let me check and see if Sunday, April 9th, will work.

My schedule is a little crazy with a baby in the house now.

I'll get with you as soon as I can.

turborambler said:
Yeah that 4-Link was on sale at wal-mart so I got a deal in the automotive section. I wish I had something fast like a White Lighting T-Type with all the latest in fiberglass technology for weight savings. I am running the ol run of the mill stock buick long block. I can't pull those big Wheeler wheelies like those sub sonic T-types... ;)

Hmmm, Sounds like some Puddin power cars are ready to do battle
Wish i could be there

I'm planning on going to HRP on Sunday, April 9th.

The tracks website says the gates open at 4:00pm and they race from 5:00 till 10:00.

Ross, can you and Shawn Carlin still make it?

We need to see if EJ, Jay and Chuck can go too.

Talk to you later,

Let's do it

Ok man I am planning on going that day also.

Now let's just hope it does not rain. :p

I will see about Jay and Chuck going.

Pudd'n needs to come down for our pit crew... :eek:

I will be there

Wheeler said:
I'm planning on going to HRP on Sunday, April 9th.

The tracks website says the gates open at 4:00pm and they race from 5:00 till 10:00.

Ross, can you and Shawn Carlin still make it?

We need to see if EJ, Jay and Chuck can go too.

Talk to you later,
Hey Will, I will be there but I dont know if they will let me run my car without a cage. Maybe I could 1/8th mile it and make a few runs. I called EJ and he said he will go if his schedule permits. Let me know if anything changes. Shawn Carlin

Great, sounds like we will have a few Buick people there.

I agree with you Ross, sure hope the rain stays away. Especially since this is the first time since before winter I have time to go.

Talk to you guys later,

OK Guys,
sounds like Sunday is the day if the rain stays away. If anyone needs race fuel let me know I have a fresh drum of C16, 8.50 per gallon my cost will deliver to the track. I will try to be there when the gates open but will need to leave early as I have an early start day on Monday. any changes in the plans please let me know.
EJ.

Shawn, as long as you just run 1/8th and really get on the brakes I'm sure they won't bother. Or at least that is what I'd do.

Good to hear you can make it EJ, I doubt I'll be out there really late either. I'll check and see if I have any fuel, if I don't I'll get with you.

Has anyone talked to Jay or Chuck yet??

Anyone else, that we forgot to mention, want to meet us out there?

New Thread

Hey guys, I just posted a new thread so it would show the place and time as the thread title. Shawn Carlin