You can type here any text you want

Key stuck in ignition

Welcome!

By registering with us, you'll be able to discuss, share and private message with other members of our community.

SignUp Now!

Dhos1

Self-tuning wanna-be
I just changed the driver side window motor and wanted to do a quick check to ensure it works before button it back up and now the key will not come out. I do have the transmission out to be redone. And ideas. I’m sure it has to do with a linkage of some sort

If you have a console shift car, try rotating the plastic cover near the base of the cluster.

Sometimes is gets just a touch out of whack & it won’t go fully into Park.

Last edited:
Tried that, will continue tomorrow. I still think it may have something to do with the disconnected linkage, but who knows. I’m tired of fucking with it for now

Tried that, will continue tomorrow. I still think it may have something to do with the disconnected linkage, but who knows. I’m tired of fucking with it for now
I understand.

That column piece is directly connected to the linkage(again if ya have column shift).

Can also try moving the wheel back & forth. Been known to happen as well.

What others have said is spot on... moreso as you said you have the trans out, the weight of the linkage will rotate the column to the right.

Rotate it back to the left and it "should" allow you to rotate the key to the off position then remove it.

Back