You can type here any text you want

Killed a Mustake...literally

Welcome!

By registering with us, you'll be able to discuss, share and private message with other members of our community.

SignUp Now!

striker_29

My best friend set me up to run this guy in a mudstain this afternoon. Today was a very good day for running here as a cool front just moved thru, however my car is missing and acting up. Anyway this guy had heads, 410 rear end, exhaust, tremec, 200 shot of nitrous, and all the usual gt mods. Last weekend he ran a 12.10 at the local track. We talked him into giving me the go, I was running straight c16 and about 25 lbs of boost. So we line up after doing our burnouts, and he gives me the go and when I launched I immediately put a couple of lengths on him. Well he was spraying that 200 shot coming out of the hole in first, and it detonated twice on him as I was just tearing away. My friend and some other guys were sitting at the finish line and they thought he cut on his headlights because they saw the flame shoot out the front before they heard the sound of the detonation. It blew his K&N to pieces, and the car started missing real bad. Did a quick compression test and he was getting less than 50 lbs on 5 cylinders. Only one pushrod was bent, so he is thinking at least head gasket if not worse. I felt bad for the guy, because he works hard for what he has, like me, and I can appreciate that. I guess it doesnt matter now, but he should not have given me the bust, as he never had a chance:D

I cant feel too sorry for a guy who does that big of a nitrous launch. Wasnt he running something that cuts back his timing when it detonates

Nice Kill...........and

If he wasn't running something like that ,BlackBuick87, I bet he will now. That is an expensive lesson.

Good kill.....

though that really sucks for the stang guy. I've seen guys down here lean it out a little much and spray and it gets real ugly real soon (bent pushords, bent valve springs, scratched pistons, etc....) and that's why I'm not much for nitrous cause one little mistake can kill your motor. I know somebody will say the same thing can happen with our cars, but from what I've seen it's much more preventable with boosted cars. BTW, I hope he was running some high octane race gas when he sprayed that big 200 shot of juice cause as stupid as it may sound I've seen guys that think they can run 200-300 shots on 93 octane pump gas:eek:

mush-tang

I DO feel bad for the guy BUT it doesn't sound like he knew what he was doing running the NOS. it takes MUCH time and testing to run the kits and different jet sizes correctly. I tuned and tuned my car upwards of 6 months even before running a 150 shot, then onto the 180, then 200 +.

If he was running 12.10 at the track It still doesn't sound right. if he had heads, 4.10's etc, etc...blah, blah I would think just on the motor he should run low 12's ? it sounds like his EGO was bigger than his wallet. oh well, lesson learned...nice "over" kill.

JC
LSM

this story reminds of of a similar story I experienced;

It was my best friends 7 year old son's birthday and we were taking him to an Arena football game (yeah i know it sucks but the kid wanted to go to, and see a football game and professional football is months away...so we did the best we could considering the circumstances), anyways there is a total of 5 people in my GN.
Me, my best friend and his 7 year old son, and two other friends of ours. With a 7 year old in the car I was definetly not in the mood to go around racing people and jeopardizing or risking any harm to any of us. As I'm on the overpass heading onto I-275 (Howard Franklin Bridge) into Tampa, I notice a 5.0 Mustang with cowl hood (so I was assuming it was modded), directly behind us following about 3 cars back. I punch the gas a little bit just to be able to merge and flow into traffic. The Mustang driver must of thought this was an invitation to race because he flew past us and proceeded to cut off a few cars switching lanes and driving like a typical ricer.
Well my best friend is a fan of Mustangs and he was commenting on how great Stang's are when we noticed a puff of smoke coming from it's exhaust pipes. I thought that was odd so I look over at my buddy and say "Thats not normal." So I speed up and pull up next to the Stang, the driver was obviously upset because he was frowning and just shaking his head back and forth. We could hear his engine just clunking and rattling, making a god-awful noise. I couldn't help it but I was grinning from ear to ear trying not to laugh, hell even my Stang buddy was laughing at the guy for trying to show off and blowing up his engine in the process.
I know how bad the Stang driver felt because I've blown my head gasket before street racing, so I can understand his frustrations. I would of pulled over and offered any assistance we could have provided, but traffic was thick and this was right before the exit to the airport so I had to either get over into the other lane or take the airport exit that I didnt want to take. So I merge into the other lane and look back for the Stang but he was nowhere in sight, he must of pulled over somewhere on the side of the bridge. Damn thats gotta suck, to brake down against somebody who wasn't even racing against ya and on the side of a bridge halfway between St.Pete and Tampa across Tampa Bay.

six appeal, lol on that one:D That definately had to suck. My best friend(the one who set up the race) is a huge Mustang fan too. Actually he is the local Stang guru so to speak, but he loves Gn's to and helps me work on my car all the time. He really wanted me to beat this guy down. And the mustang guy a was running definately has the Ego thing going on. He's kind of a loud mouth, and was like "I have another motor I am going to put in anyway, this will only speed the process up, blah blah bla" He is the type that just pieces stuff together as he can find it, then go shoot 200hp of nitrous to it. Hope he does a little better job this time, I know he will want a rematch:rolleyes: I will run him for emblems lol:D :D

Back