You can type here any text you want

Killed some f body's in my Lightning

Welcome!

By registering with us, you'll be able to discuss, share and private message with other members of our community.

SignUp Now!

turbosam6

My cars suck
Since no one will race my GN anymore, I get some action in my Lightning. Its a stock 99, but it gets up. So I'm coming back from taking my GN to the tranny shop, and my buddy pulls up in the left turn lane. Were talking and stuff, then the light turns green, before I can even hit the gas, I hear tires spinning. Look over and this IROC is all over it, guess I was unaware of the race. So I hit it and catch up, just in time to hit another red light. I'm thinking this kid don't want any, cuz he saw me catch him with the huge jump he had. But I get ready anyway, just in case. Light turns green, were gone. He never had a chance, poor kid. I know the car, its a tpi 350 with bolt ons. Chip, exhaust, intake, etc. My tow rig is faster than half the crap in this town!

So I'm going to get my car from the same shop, and were in some small town, and a new ls1 Ram Air T/A pulls up. My buddy is with me, so I throw a rev. He doesn't bite. Whatever. Then, after we get rolling, he hits it. Jumps out a couple, and I reel him in. Couldn't get more than a foot or two on him, though. But the look on his face to see a truck hang with him from a roll, thats priceless! We just laughed. Street racing is fun. Funny side note, we got the GN on the trailer after going to the track, and we hit the local cruise spot. These guys go nuts, yelling, running after us, and I'm thinking "they like the GN". They were all like "You got a Lightning!?" Awww, hell yeah. They couldn't care less about the car, just in sheer awe over this truck. I don't get it. Its cool, but my GN is pretty sweet. Small town guys, I guess.

While I have seen some good times pulled by lightnings, I gotta say you'd loose bad if you raced on the bid end. Past the 1/4 he would leave you at a faster and faster rate - no problem. My brother has a LT1 that gets beat to the 1/4 by the SC 150, soon past the 1/4 the races changes dramatically.

Good Kills!!!Man i can't wait to get my Ligtning out on the track!! The L accelerates alot like a GN and will lose to an LS1 on the top end ,usually right at the 1/4 mile like a stock GN, but are usually even matched up to the 1/4. 60-120mph arean LS1's strong point, but you gotta love the low end torque of the Lightning, and mid 13's from a bone stock 5000lb truck aint too shabby.

Those damn things are impressive. There was one at the track that was keeping up with me. He had a 100 shot of nitrous though. But still. Damn impressive. If I had his motor/trans in my light weight ride I'd be in the 10's.

I've never even had anyone ask if I want to race, I think you scared them all off :cool:

Sam, you have way too many toys! What color is the Lightning? I get my WH1 back on friday and I'll order that fuel pump soon! This car has been the restoration from hell!

Its white. With DARK tinted windows. Hope to have chrome rims soon. Hey Eric, whats up? Didn't know you were still around. Hows the car? Stop by sometime. Man, the Lightning is fast, especially for a truck, but when you drive a fast GN, everything else is slow.

Yeah, still around, this is my last year here though. I'll have to give you a call sometime and come check out your car, sounds like its coming along nicely.

I still have my car here, I'll have to wash it first though :D

Back