You can type here any text you want

Kills at track on Willys

Welcome!

By registering with us, you'll be able to discuss, share and private message with other members of our community.

SignUp Now!

MSDGN

Had some good kills at the track last week...I made 3 runs and each time I came up against this Willys...all fiberglass(2800 lbs so he had about 900 lbs on me)...454 motor...he was running 11.6 at around 117-118...every run he beat me off the line by at least a second because I was sitting there spooling my 70GTQ(need to work in that)..the first run I almost caught up with him just before the 1/4 mile and he just beat me by a hair...next 2 runs again he left a good second before I did but on these runs I caught him about 100 feet before the 1/4 and blew by him...that felt great but what was better was after the second run he came to me in the staging lanes and said "that was great how you drove by me...that car hauls @ss"...made me feel real good...I love to sit there at the track spooling at the lights...the other guy takes off and is way ahead and then you blow by him like he's standing still...

Nice races. :D
Watch out for those Willys. A local guy recently finished a 'glass Willys powered by a girdled LC2 with a 72 turbo. The motor went 10.9 in a 4000 lb GN with a stealth turbo the year before.

Back