You can type here any text you want

Knock Detector & Alky control

Welcome!

By registering with us, you'll be able to discuss, share and private message with other members of our community.

SignUp Now!

fc227

1986 Grand National
Well, I just got though building and testing (basic test) a knock detector for our types of car’s (ESC). It works by reading the signal of the Knock sensor it self and I made it with a sensitivity adjustment so false knock can be tuned out. It uses a bright LED & a warning Buzzer (I'm going to mount a remote buzzer for the helmet) but it works. Now I can really test the alky on pump gas.

I'm thinking about make both the alky control & the knock control available to the group if people are interested. I’m not at that point yet, but it shouldn’t be much longer before I have some hard fact’s to back up my theory.

Fred, that would be great! The knock gauges on the market now are design to work off the ESC controller's signal to the ECM. I know they work on '83, since they use the same sensor and ESC as 84/87's. They may work with the 81/82's that also have a controller/ECM, but different sensor.

If your's works directly off the sensor it would work for all 1978/82 cars. There would diffently be a (small) market for these.

Cool! :)

It does work with the old style knock sensors. The newer ones I don’t know yet

Back