Knock detector schematic ????

Answer to question one: Yes
Answer to question two: Not with my skills.

I got the lights to come on and power up, but never got it to work. I may try again, but I sprung for a Casper's and all is well.

I would like to know if its possible to build a knock detector for non-computer controlled engines. I wanna know when mine is knocking even though it is carbed. I understand this and EGT are good tools to tune 'charged engines with and don't see why they wouldn't be excellent tuning inputs for n/a carbed engines as well. Besides, when I do finally upgrade to a turbo'd engine in my Monte, I'll have the tools and expereince to properly use them. Any ideas, or a way to contact the author of the referenced article from The Source? TIA -Chuck

I built the one from the gnttype website here....
http://www.gnttype.org/techarea/projects/projectspage.html
and it actually works!!! :D The only thing about building it with parts bought from Radio Shack is that you almost have enough parts to build two...I have maybe $30 in parts that I bought, but could probably build another one for another $10 in parts that are bought in single packs...Alot of the stuff is packaged in either 2 or 5 to a pack...So for about $35-40, you could make 2...

I have heard that the one from the TBN newsletter has an error in it somewhere and that it wouldn't work if if wasn't corrected...If you have the corrected version, then it should work fine...

edit:Just took a quick glance at it...Whatever you do, DO NOT USE TAP SPLICES!!!! Always solder your connections...You will either have problems right away with the tap splices or at some point in the future...Not you might...But a definate YOU WILL!!!

Hope this helps...