You can type here any text you want

knock knock ..who's there...true? or false?

Welcome!

By registering with us, you'll be able to discuss, share and private message with other members of our community.

SignUp Now!

Fast4Ward

car is running pretty good with this spare motor and trans i had lying around.
blms stick at 118 and a peek-a-boo with 124-126-128 blm is sometimes noted....2nd reman MAF is working out good with reaching a/f 255 max ...last one would only show about 110 so took it right back.
running 15-16 # of boost. runs very strong shifts hard. gets the minor in between shift knock under 3.
now i have some true or false knock questions, knock is :confused::confused::confused:
1. knock noted on 3-8 scale before boost (lag time) ....scanmaster shows it + audible detector...true or false?
2. see knock 3-8 on scanmaster but on recall shows zero....true or false?
3. audible detector goes off indicating knock but scanmaster shows zero...true or false?
wot 02's always over 800
all tuning in 3rd gear
94 octane, running 93 octane TT chip

hard to tell with out a proper scan tool. the scanmaster can only show so much. powerlogger is what you need. as far as try to diagnose i would go maybe 45 to 50 in third and ease into it slowly to wot and if you see knock get out of course if you dont then that is telling me you are hitting somewhere on the engine. alot of times when you hit it hard you get a thing called transitional knock. another thing real knock escalates like 1,2,4,6,8,11,:eek: false knock goes example 4,7,2,1 or even higher

Back