You can type here any text you want

Knock Knock

Welcome!

By registering with us, you'll be able to discuss, share and private message with other members of our community.

SignUp Now!
Off course.

Just dont drive it across town or you'll overheat.. :redface:

Jan, my car makes the same heavy rattle sound when cold and at low rpm in park. Sounds heavy like the exhaust hitting somthing. Did you do anything when you took the inspection cover off that made that part of your problem go away? Also I have a slight vibration at the same low rpm car in neutral or park. Torque converter?

My inspection cover was dented just in the middle and had scrape marks on the inside so the torque converter or flywheel was hitting it looked like, had another one I installed and seems like some of the low rpm rattle when away and the knock I had at low rpms are gone. Only get knock at the 2000-2500 rpm range at the moment.

Jan, did you check your crankshaft end play(thrust)?

You can do this by removing belt and prying the flywheel back and forth.. it should barely move back and forth. like .010.

Mine would go off at exactly 2400-2500 rpms.. bad thrust.

no, only belt so it takes tension of the crank.

Ok makes it easier. Will do it during the weekend and report back. My crossover pipe seems to be leaking a bit after I had it off last time so need to get under there anyway.

Will report back what play I do have for your comments / feedback

Back