You can type here any text you want

Knock Knock

Welcome!

By registering with us, you'll be able to discuss, share and private message with other members of our community.

SignUp Now!

83turbomon

Starvin Like Marvin...
Anyone know how to fix or know any general information on the knock knock gauge or the electronics associated with the turbo. I looked under the hood of my car and its a large electrical mess with the gauge. also anyone know about the turbo Power gauge light and know how to make it work. I will admit that it needs some electrical work.

If you're talking about the gauge on the dash it's not a knock gauge. It's a boost guage. Please go to the top of the forum and click on the sticky about the before black cars. You'll find a link to Rich's site and lots of info.

I looked on the B4 website and it stated that if I were to get an engine rebuild, that I should upgrade to a 4.1 or an SFI motor... but I like the motor with the car because it is worth more and it still runs and drives. I was thinking about the ESC and the carb as well. the carb I have on the car is not stock and was put on by the person I bought the car from. and the ESC I am assuming stands for electronic stability control?:confused: also what/where is the ECM? I want to follow stickys advice for my car. I was told and I know from exprience that it is good to have an electric fan on the car and to get a 165 degree thermostat as well. where can i find a good electric fan and thermostat from?

(ps blow through carb coming soon)

ESC= Electronic Spark Control It's what allows for timing retard when there's knock. The ECM is in the kick panel on the right side under the glove box. You should find a panel that pulls off easily. As far as a fan, you can get one from a lincoln Mark 8 out of a yard. It's a dual unit and will cool the best of all of them.(do a search in the general section) The thermostat you can get at any parts store, just ask for one for a 78 chevy pick up with a 350. It's the same one. You just have to get the gasket for your specific car.

You'll need to do some changes to make a blow through set up work right. Intake will have to be changed as well as the carb. Look at some of warwagons set up and I think you should be able to figure it out.

I looked on the B4 website and it stated that if I were to get an engine rebuild, that I should upgrade to a 4.1 or an SFI motor... but I like the motor with the car because it is worth more and it still runs and drives....(ps blow through carb coming soon)

I'm sure I recommended the 4.1, but I wouldn't recommend a SFI motor to repalce a carb/turbo. I wouldn't recommend the blow through either if your current set up is working well. You can go plenty fast on the draw-thru.

Back