You can type here any text you want

Kudos to Craig Smith!

Welcome!

By registering with us, you'll be able to discuss, share and private message with other members of our community.

SignUp Now!

RonRed89

Hey all,

I've mostly found myself being a lurker on the board here trying to understand as much as I could about tuning FAST and after-market EFI systems in general. I'll say that there's quite a few talented folks here and I've learned a lot by just watching for a while now. After playing around with my 89 Vette's tune, I was making some progress, but needed some extra help to get things working better more quickly than I could do with the changes that I was making. I needed someone who could help get the tune straight, get rid of the richness, and improve the road manners of the car.

After exchanging some e-mails with Craig, we setup a date and he came down on a rainy Cleveland Saturday. After a few hours of road driving and dyno tuning, everything was dialed in and working wonderfully.

The setup
----------
1989 Corvette
700R4 Auto with Vigilante 2800 stall
396 Small Block Chevy built by MORE Performance in Charlotte
10.5:1 Compression
Comp 230/236, .542/.563 @ 112 Cam
AFR 195 Heads P&P'd at MORE
Accel SuperRam with 1000cfm TB
FAST B2B

With Craig's help, the car pulled 410RWHP and 430RWTQ on a Mustang Dyno with lots of power right up to 6000 RPM (will post the dyno graph later).

More importantly than even the power are the sheer road manners that the car has now. There is virtually no surging, stalling, burping or any undesired behaviors in this car. It literally drives like a complete stocker around town with wicked power and throttle response on tap pretty much everywhere in the RPM range. I was just elated to see a big inch stroker motor like this happily run around town like a Caddy, while instantly being able to turn into a speeding bullet when open road hits. :-)

I just wanted to give Craig one more kudo and thank you. I was extremely happy with the work that he did on my car, the advice and guidance that he gave me around the FAST itself, and his complete professionalism throughout the whole process.

As many of you know, Craig contributes quite a bit on this forum, and he is a wealth of knowledge in the world of tuning. In fact, TB was was the sole reason I'd heard of Craig in the first place. If anyone is in need of some FAST or DFI tuning services, I would give my highest recommendation to Craig's services. His work is top-notch, and he is a true class act.

Thank you,

Rony

:D

It was a pleasure working with you Rony, and that is a nice car you have put together for yourself. Thanks for the kind words, and enjoy your car!

Give me a shout and let me know how the cold start stuff is working out.

Back