larger boost valve

spaceturbo

Banned
I was looking around for a larger boost valve and I can only find the one from PTS which is .555 and the .500. Is there any thing in between? I believe I have heard of a .521 but I could be wrong? I can't find it.

might be able to get a .521 from d husek
I used a .500. .283 rev/boost and pink or blue 700r4 spring and get dandy pressure when the pump is in spec.
any reason you need the larger valve?

I was looking around for a larger boost valve and I can only find the one from PTS which is .555 and the .500. Is there any thing in between? I believe I have heard of a .521 but I could be wrong? I can't find it.
Installed a new Extreme Automatics pump in my EA Stage II tranny & was putting out way too much pressure , was puking fluid out the overflow tube .
Sent the whole 200r4 tranny back for a refresh & they changed the boost valve to a .472 in the process.
They also fabricated & installed a baffle plate/ shield behind the pump which diverts fluid back down into the pan instead of out the overflow tube. Tranny was put on their dyno &
Pressure at full TV cable has now dropped to 275psi from 325psi.
It fixed the problem.

I’d give Lonnie or Chris Cox a call at Extreme Automatics

Installed a new Extreme Automatics pump in my EA Stage II tranny & was putting out way too much pressure , was puking fluid out the overflow tube .
Sent the whole 200r4 tranny back for a refresh & they changed the boost valve to a .472 in the process.
They also fabricated & installed a baffle plate/ shield behind the pump which diverts fluid back down into the pan instead of out the overflow tube. Tranny was put on their dyno &
Pressure at full TV cable has now dropped to 275psi from 325psi.
It fixed the problem.

I’d give Lonnie or Chris Cox a call at Extreme Automatics
Should have added that they removed the .500” boost valve & installed the smaller .472” unit in its place which brought down the pressure to a better level

That's a lot of work, nicely done. Hope you'll love then results
That’s nothing, had to play around with it further to correct crankshaft to transmission input shaft misalignment ( due to engine align hone during rebuild)
Ended up having to install RobbMc adjustable offset engine dowell pins to bring back into spec.
All is good now 😀👍

Attachments

• IMG_4071.jpeg
    IMG_4071.jpeg
    3 MB · Views: 16
Last edited: