You can type here any text you want

Largest bore on a S2 block?

Welcome!

By registering with us, you'll be able to discuss, share and private message with other members of our community.

SignUp Now!

V8KILLR

2speed 1day fast & faster
Just as it says above, what is the largest safe bore that can be ran on a S2 block? A S2 can go all the way out to a 4.5 Liter engine?

Thanks,
Jason

Yes, 4.5L

I'm no expert, but generally speaking, 4.0" is usually considered safe. Assuming it's a 4.1 block (siamesed cylinders).

bore size

off center block in my car now 4.030 and it has one sleeve. my spare motor 4.1 offcenter 3,940 with 3.625 stroke 265 ci oncenter blocks that i have owned were thicker cylinder wall that is so you can bore them even bigger and they dont have core shift like the offcenter blocks, sonic test your block before you bore and save youself a headache just my experience,:confused:

Your safe until you see .190 wall thickness on a sonic test:D
Most importantly on the thrust sides but .190 is a pretty good rule of thumb. Ive heard guys going to 4.060 without any problems. The best rule of thumb is dont bore it anymore than you have to:)

Thanks guys,
To match the bore that you guys gave me, what is the max stroke? That would give me the over all liters of the engine, unless I should just go with that 4.5-Liters is the max stroke and max bore.

Thanks again,
Jay

Back