You can type here any text you want

LC2 ECM running a Series II V6??

Welcome!

By registering with us, you'll be able to discuss, share and private message with other members of our community.

SignUp Now!

CTX-SLPR

Is is possible to make the stock ECM (injector mods aside) run a Series II V6 out of a camaro? A friends landcruiser upgrade considerations with the V6 out of a camaro has me thinking about using it as a foundation for something or other in the future. The hang ups I can think of are the crank and cam sensors, everything else I would think would be compatable and putting a different MAF and ignition system is kind of external. Just thinking out loud.

Thanks,

Do you mean a Series II 3800?.
ie the redesigned 3.8L?.

Then yes, the ecm wants to see the same four signal wires, the Crank to module, and cam to module aren't a concern.
I have a late model 3800 *Quick Start* on my GN, ie uses the 3x and 18x shutter wheels on the crank snout.

If you want to run the late MAFs, then a 1228253, might be a better answer. WWW.Tunercat.com sells an editor for the ecm. But the MAF tables will take building from about scratch.

But, all of this is assuming a manual tranny. And you might have to get familiar with the IAC stuff to make it all play nice.

Thanks Bruce,

I was hoping you'd chime in on this. I'd have to work with you on this as I have no idea on how to mess with the electronics on these cars other than buying stuff and asking people. I'm interested in turboing an L36/L67 hybrid RWD motor out of a camaro with a nice hefty 4L60E or a T56 behind it and putting it in something small like a 61-62 special or something and going road racing with it or the like. From what I've read the Series II L36 is a stout little motor with cross bolt mains, powdered metal rods and caps, roller cam and big valve heads and a factory redline of 6000 rpm. This sounds like a fun motor to use to make serious power with some solid durability to it for drag racing or auto cross. I've also thought about doing this for the $2006 challenge or something where the budget is limited and the performance needs to be high in the realm of both drag and autocross.

Thanks for the help,

Back