Lean Condition: Tuning with a TT Chip, Translator, and LS1 MAF

Mountain GN

No, it doesn't have a V8.
I finally replaced the original MAF on my 87 GN. I had an LS1 MAF sitting around from old 2000 Z28, so I bought a translator and a new K&N cone (the 20-year old Kenne Bell Ram-Air filter was nasty).

Now, after installing everything and resetting the ECM, I've noticed that my BLMs are high (140-150) even on the slightest of hills. The more I get into the boost with load, the higher the BLMs go. Most of the time, I don't see above .800 mv on the O2, either. I also now have a little KR (.5-2.0) that starts around 10-11 PSI. I don't have the boost turned up any higher than that for now, as I don't want to risk pushing out a head-gasket, nor do I want to waste methanol tuning for normal driving. As a side note, when cruising on level road, the BLMs are right around 128.

It seems obvious that the new MAF and filter setup leaned the car out, but what's the best way to tune it? The MAF Translator is set to "0" so it's neither rich or lean. I have a TurboTweak chip that is also set to stock.

Is it best to add fuel through the translator or on the chip?

If you need to see a data log, I can add one when I get home tonight, but any suggestions in the meantime would be greatly appreciated!

Add fuel on the chip it's very easy . Do you still have your paper work from the chip ? If so it's on the paper work. Use your scanner master and the gas pedal. My bl stay around 118-119 it was around 128 until I changed a few parts. Also your pcv valve can changr your bl #s . Do a search on pcv valve on here and you will see what I am talking about. Good luck