You can type here any text you want

length of oil dip stick

Welcome!

By registering with us, you'll be able to discuss, share and private message with other members of our community.

SignUp Now!

datant69

i continue to check my level and it's always low, i put 5 pts in and had the piston replaced and they also put in 5 pts. even directly after i've put in fresh oil it still doesn't show. can someone tell me what the length of the dipstick they use from the plug that keeps it flush and the end.

5 pints and 5 quarts are not the same. if you put in 10 pints, i dont think it would read on the dipstick.

i meant qt's used wrong abbreviation

i know it wouldn't i was in a hurry and didn't proof read it.

thanks

i'll measure my stick and see if it's from another car or what, always seems to register low regardless if i just changed the oil or ran it for a few thousand miles and then checked it.

i'll measure my stick and see if it's from another car or what, always seems to register low regardless if i just changed the oil or ran it for a few thousand miles and then checked it.

Good info but also check the tube. The stick may be right but if the tube in the block is too long it could read low.

good info

wouldnt think of that of course i've overlooked it a few times when checking the oil. i didn't check the oil much after i got the car due to changing the oil per the previous owner stating it was time. i know i've checked it a few times after and it always seemed low. didn't think it would be eating oil since it had a fresh piston put in within 1000 miles. the guy who worked on it didn't mention anything looking out of the normal and they know turbo buicks well.

Back