You can type here any text you want

Lets talk exhaust primary diameters....

Welcome!

By registering with us, you'll be able to discuss, share and private message with other members of our community.

SignUp Now!

disco stu

On a turbo car where exhaust scavenging is not an issue and there is always going to high back pressure pre turbo, what size is considered small on a mid 9 and faster car? I have been running a set of Kenne Bell headers for a real long time with rather small 1 1/8" pipes. I have always wondered if a larger primary would be a benefit. I have been throwing around the idea of a 4 bolt flange and larger headers, but I don't know if the benefit would be worth it. Opinions?

Disco Stu!

If I remember correctly about your combo, I'd bet that you'd benefit from a turbo upgrade with more exhaust flow before a header tube upgrade. "I" think 4 bolt is the ultimate way to go, but guys are really going fast with the new HPQ's - I believe they are still GTQ exhaust wheels with a better flowing 3 bolt housing.

On a turbo car where exhaust scavenging is not an issue and there is always going to high back pressure pre turbo, what size is considered small on a mid 9 and faster car? I have been running a set of Kenne Bell headers for a real long time with rather small 1 1/8" pipes. I have always wondered if a larger primary would be a benefit. I have been throwing around the idea of a 4 bolt flange and larger headers, but I don't know if the benefit would be worth it. Opinions?

That's weird, my KB headers use 1 5/8" primaries.

I dunno why I thought 1 1/8. They are 1 1/2. the ATR's are 1 5/8 if I recall correctly. I remember KB advertising that there was no need for the competitors larger pipes and hurt spool up time. Things have come a little ways since then though.

Back