You can type here any text you want

lifting a tta (on a hoist that is)

Welcome!

By registering with us, you'll be able to discuss, share and private message with other members of our community.

SignUp Now!

hiballin

Bettie is the boss
hey fellas, i'm in the market for a hoist and was told by an aquaintence that his two post lift would not clear the exhaust, and was not low enough to get under the frame members...a huh huh, he said member :biggrin: on his f-bodies. i was planning on going with a two post of some sort but now i'm not so sure. anyone out there got a lift they are razeing a f-body with successfully? what make do you suggest?

thanks!

I would go with your original thoughts for a two post hoist. Clearance may be an issue but it probably would not be more than and inch. If you run into problem like that, just pull the car onto a couple 2x12in. boards to take care of the clearance. The current ramps I use have to have extensions put on the ends so the nose does not hit, 2x12's work great for this extra clearance.

I have a 4 post .. I am to lazy to move the arms on a 2 post :rolleyes: :eek:

Attachments

• TTAlift4.JPG
    TTAlift4.JPG
    35.2 KB · Views: 105
2x12s...jeez, why didn't i think of that? :rolleyes: great idea, thanks for the tip!

hiballin said:
just curious, what is the front and rear pad hieght on your lift?
On mine with the pads all the way screwed down its 4.5" on the rear and 4.75" on the front...which is just slightly under the height of a soda can.

Back