Lifting front end. : )

GetOwnedVette

This may be a noobie question but anywho, Im new to turbo buicks and RWD in general and I had a few questions. After watching many, many videos I noticed that there are some Gn's that lift the front end running high tens on a great run and some that for the life of them cannot lift the front. I personally would love to be able to pick them up a bit and was curious as to what was done differently suspension and tranny wise that allowed the cars to lift a bit better? Dont get me wrong a lower et is better but what is different in ones that lift and dont lift besides HP? :)

90/10 front shocks, no front swaybar, pinion angle set right using adjustable control arms, keeping the car level on launch with airbags, a really good hook and launching while in high boost/in the curve (high stall converter really helps here)....all those contribute. But lifting the wheels has nothing to do with how fast you are. It just looks cool. I saw a video of a TR running 7's, who didnt even budge the front end.

50/50 down locks and MT slicks for hook, with 90/10 up locks and 20 inch rims in the front to raise your center of gravity................NAH!!!!!!

rodman99999 said:
50/50 down locks and MT slicks for hook, with 90/10 up locks and 20 inch rims in the front to raise your center of gravity................NAH!!!!!!
HUH?

You need power and suspension that can put it to the ground for the car to leave hard. Transbrakes help, see vid in sig.

VadersV6 said:
I was kidding about the 20" rims(although raising your center of gravity with big-a$$ rims WOULD make it easier to lift the front end). The shocks listed will help plant the tires by transferring weight to the rear.

You can always grab some ramps with ropes tied to them and put them under the front wheels. Launch and then have your friend yank the ramps away right after you go up them. You would probably get mad air! :cool:

12's

i saw a car at the vegas nationals run mid 12's a pull a wheel pretty good. dont know how he did it but he did

Boost231 said:
i saw a car at the vegas nationals run mid 12's a pull a wheel pretty good. dont know how he did it but he did
Mid 12's huh? Maybe he used explosives. J/K...I got a built GT rear end with 4.56's from another cobra guy, back when I had the cobra. He used to race that car with the rear end I ended up getting from him. He had 40 less hp at the wheels than me at sea level, raced at a high altitude track, and ran 12.60's while lifting the left front wheel on a 6500rpm launch on ET streets. He only made like 290rwhp in a 3200 pound car sans driver. All launch, no power. So its do-able, but like I said, not indicative of power.

SPOT MY 6 said:
You need power and suspension that can put it to the ground for the car to leave hard. Transbrakes help, see vid in sig.

Amazing, that is what I wanna do. props that was a great launch clip. :cool: