You can type here any text you want

Lightest 15" wheels for street

Welcome!

By registering with us, you'll be able to discuss, share and private message with other members of our community.

SignUp Now!

camaro75racer

Im looking to shave a little weight off my 85 GN and was looking at wheels. What is the lightest 15" wheels i could get that would hold up to everyday driving? Thanks for any suggestions

I got the polished auto drags

15x10 = 19lbs
15x8 = 17lbs

Stockers are 29lbs each so you drop off 44lbs right there, throw on a set of aluminum drums, 10 more lbs for a total of 54lbs of rotating mass.

DR.BOOSTER said:
I got the polished auto drags

15x10 = 19lbs
15x8 = 17lbs

Stockers are 29lbs each so you drop off 44lbs right there, throw on a set of aluminum drums, 10 more lbs for a total of 54lbs of rotating mass.
Thanks for the suggestions...could you tell me how much backspacing is needed?

295/50/15 on 15x10 with 4.5" b.s. and the aluminum drums ( a bit thicker ) will fit. I lowered the car two inches so I rolled the inner fender.

The fronts used to be 15x8 with a 4" b.s. but when I went to the aerospace brakes it used a 1/2 spacer so I then switched to 15x8 with a 3" b.s. I have 265/50's up front and I had the inner wheel well cut and welded due to the car being lowered.

Then I got custom larger fender flares so that they really tuck in and will be putting a 325/50 Nitto Drag in the back soon. ;)

Attachments

• GN side shot of car 4 driver resize.jpg
    GN side shot of car 4 driver resize.jpg
    203 KB · Views: 255
Weld Draglites are VERY light.....i dont know if lighter than the centerlines, but very light nonetheless

I have a mint set of pokished autodrags for sale in the parts sections. I have 6 rims total with or without tires.

Centerline ConvoPro are lighter than the AutoDrag. Don't use them if you plan on any high G stuff. (road racing) Same for the Welds.

How much lighter are the convos over the autodrags- it seems like there is more metal on the convos? did you compare them by actual weight? i would have thought they were equal or even that the convos would be alittle heavier.

Sorry at work. I dont have the weights. The convo were designed to be lighter due to the convoluted rim (folds). It also has hole in the center section further reducing the weight.

Back