You can type here any text you want

LIM removal

Welcome!

By registering with us, you'll be able to discuss, share and private message with other members of our community.

SignUp Now!

50psi

Do you need to take the distributor off to remove the LIM bolt hiding behind there, or will cap removal do the trick? I would just dive in but i want to know for sure

The bolt behind the dist? To the the intake off... yeah, you have to remove the dist... it`s way to hard to get it out without removing it. I know, I`v tried it:rolleyes:

sorry for my lack of clarity, i got it off earlier had to remove the cap, I was referring to the bolt location behind the dist. it was the only torx bolt in the LIM...

Yeah, that`s the one... you got that off by removing the cap:eek: I broke a piece of my intake trying to get that bastard trox:mad:

I pounded a allen socket into the thing when I stripped the bolt out. Got it out, after I went at it with a big vice grip. Theres no reason you NEED the torx head. I replaced it with a regular bolt and its fine. No hitting anything.

The torx bolt was used to make sure it would clear the distributor. Aj's running a allen bolt in it but I've got an NOS torx bolt I'm saving for mine. Still in the bag and I've had it for 20+ years now. Yes I'm a pack rat.:biggrin:

Back