You can type here any text you want

Line lock questions

Welcome!

By registering with us, you'll be able to discuss, share and private message with other members of our community.

SignUp Now!

blown okie

Chuck Norris Approved
about to buy a line lock for my car...i have bought and installed one once before,(not on a GN) but its been years ago...

my questions are is there any one favorite or preferred brand of line lock? (there all about the in my eyes)

and my other qestions are where are you guys mounting them? (pics would be nice)...

i am also installing the a rear brake pressure module on my car too...

also gonna upgrade the brake lines to the russell stainless braided ones

and im still using the powermaster for now too ( it ain't broke YET, so no need to change it)

was thinking of wiring the switches to both the line lock & the rear module on my cruise control switch ( since i took the rest of the cruise stuff off the car)...should work pretty slick i think since the cruise has 2 momentary switches on it..

all opinions, comments, etc appreciated TIA :)

I have the Summit module, I just bought the solenoid because I knew i wouldnt need to get the 'kit' with light, switch and brake lines.

Also, the Summit one is the SAME thing as the Hurst one. It's rebuildable too!! I believe Summit, owns Hurts, or it's the other way around? :confused: Either way, they're the same exsact thing. Many people have complained about the solinoids leaking on NON-Hurts, but mine has NEVER leaked...well it did because the fitting wasnt in all the way, but it works wonderful and has NEVER failed me. Once you get a LL you think 'man, why did i wait this long to get it?!!?!'

I can tell you every fitting you'll need when you're ready because you will find them at Oreillys but it's hard to figure out unless the guy behind the counter knows what's going on...

I put mine on the inner fender, I probably would have put it right next to the brake booster, but the fuel canister is there, also where mine is, it's hidden! ;)

Also, the LL switch is the one NOT labeled...

Ya....enough of me rambling, here's the pics!

2vmimhc.jpg

23i9xkl.jpg

2r4id92.jpg

14r394.jpg

-Adam

Back