You can type here any text you want

Line Lock?

Welcome!

By registering with us, you'll be able to discuss, share and private message with other members of our community.

SignUp Now!

mojilla

I am going to install a line lock on my car. I was just wondering if there is any special fittings that I might have to get?
I was hopeing to get as much advice as possible for the install.
Thanks for the help.
Joe

take off the line between the master cylinder and the proportioning valve. when you look at the master cylinder it is the rear line coming off of it that is for the front brakes. the fittings on the end of this brake line are M11x1.5 (11mm thread with 1.5mm pitch) Go to NAPA and ask for two M11x1.5 metric bubble to 3/16 standard brake line adapter adapters. If they dont have any of thse in stock then get a m11x1.5 to m10x1.0 adapters, and also get m10x1.0 to 3/16 brake line adapters. You will also need two 1/8" male pipe thread to 3/16 brake line adapters to screw into the line lock solenoid. then figure out where to mount the solenoid and buy two pieces of 3/16 brake line with the ends already flared that are the correct lenght for where you mounter it.

HTH: Jason

I am just trying to get this clear. The proportioning valve is right under the master cylinder, about 5-6 inchs. So the rear line is the front brakes. I take the line out that goes from the master cylinder to the valve, and install the soleniod right there. I am not shure because the instructions are not that clear. But it looks like the digram shows that I should take the lines out of the proportioning valve. Cap one and run a line to the soleniod. Then out of the soleniod I put a tee on and install the orignall brake lines on to the tee.
Any info would be great.
Thanks Postal

Back